6

The very next day, at school, Kaeya seemed to have definitely heard what Albedo had said the previous day; he tapped Albedo on the shoulder playfully, "Morning, Bedo." Kaeya said with a grin before moving past him to enter the classroom. 

Albedo had simply just smiled back, his brain hadn't registered anything as it was practically the crack of dawn during school mornings, and his terrible social skills only kicked in after he was spoken to. After that brief interaction, Albedo turned back to Sucrose, who gave him a look.

"You're friends with Kaeya?" She asked.

Albedo nodded, "Yeah. I saw him a lot over the weekend, that's why I didn't plan anything with you." He felt bad, but he had the next weekend and the time after school to hangout with Sucrose, she actually looked quite happy to learn that Albedo had made a new friend.

Sucrose was quiet like Albedo too, although a lot more people found her endearing and found her shyness cute, so she had other friends such as Amber and Noelle - however she seemed to be closer with Albedo even if she saw the other girls more often.

The bell hadn't gone yet, meaning they still had a few minutes to talk, so Sucrose took this opportunity to grasp up a chance with someone. She took a quick look around, making sure no one could hear her as the classroom was already fairly noisy, "Could you put in a few words about me for Kaeya?"

"...What do you mean?"

"Well... I trust you with this," Sucrose shuffled a little closer to hush her voice slightly, "I like him, romantically... However, ever since he started noticing your existence, he hasn't really been treating me the same as before."

Albedo froze for a few seconds, did Kaeya actually drop his flirting act? Why? Albedo didn't want to get ahead of himself, but what if it was because of him? The silence gave Sucrose a gap to keep talking, "He used to kind of flirt with me? I think... I don't know if he was leading me on or something, he asked for your number in a quite intimidating manner." 

Sucrose suddenly frowned, "Not really intimidating. I'm not good with words. Kaeya approached me all flirty at first, asking for your number. When I said no, his stare suddenly turned extremely blank, it was like the entire room dramatically changed temperatures, it got so cold I was shivering."

So it's an act. Albedo thought, to hide his insecurities, "So you gave him my number because he scared you?"

Sucrose awkwardly nodded, "Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I just want him to start hitting on me again, I felt as if we had something."

"I don't think he's actually flirty."

"What do you mean? He's like this with everyone." She defended.

"His flirty lines are usually backhanded, just disguised in a tone that makes it seem all romantic. I'll put in a word for you, just don't be fooled."

The bell rang at that moment, forcing them to part as Sucrose left to follow her own schedule, Albedo slipped into his classroom. He looked around finding somewhere to sit, his usual spot was taken by Ajax.

Albedo thought that was weird, Ajax didn't usually like sitting by the front, he would usually prefer chilling in the back to be loud with his friends. Albedo's eyes frantically looked around before anyone could spot his panic until he found himself caught like a deer in headlights by the subject of his previous conversation.

Kaeya.

Kaeya waved to him, signaling Albedo should take the empty desk next to him. Albedo sighed and followed through, muttering a "Thank you," as he sat down, dropping his notebooks onto the surface.