𝗖𝗛𝗫𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮

"(Y/n)

"(Y/n)." Xiao's voice beckoned you as he headed towards the door of the classroom. He brought a hat and sunglasses with him in preparation for entering the restaurant so that the table wouldn't get swarmed.

You stood up and walked over to him, ignoring the jealous stares from your classmates. It had been mostly accepted throughout the school that you and Xiao were childhood friends, and whenever approached with the question of our relationship you always referred to it as something akin to siblingship.

Xiao reached out a hand. Slightly confused, you placed your lunchbox in his hand as it seemed like he wanted to carry it for you. For some reason Xiao seemed displeased afterwards and you quickly realized that he had probably wanted to hold your hand.

That's weird. We haven't held hands since we were really young. People could easily get the wrong idea if we hold hands in a public setting such as this.

"We shouldn't hold hands," you affirmed, "people will get the wrong idea and it could cause problems for your career."

He turned away with his ears dusted red. "I've never cared too much about rumors..."

"Well, I don't really want my best friend to get shittalked," you smiled wryly at him, "we can hold hands when we're in private, right?"

"Huh?" Xiao turned to stare at you, his amber eyes wide open. "You-"

"Let's go," you began to walk forward, strolling leisurely down the hall with a smug smirk on your face. It took a lot of effort to get him flustered so whenever you managed to do such it was truly a revolutionary feat. Despite his very flat appearance on the outside, Xiao was easily flustered and very fun to tease.

You exited the school gates and began to walk down the sidewalk. Xiao was trailing pretty far behind you, most likely upset (well, more like pouting) about earlier.

"(Y/n)."

He suddenly called out your name, causing you to turn around to meet his dark gaze. The wind picked up, blowing his sleek forest-green hair away from his face. Xiao's eyes were right on you with such an intensity that it made your heart skip a beat- whether it was out of anxiety or something else, you didn't know. You noticed that the top two buttons of his uniform were unbuttoned, revealing a small portion of his toned chest. You made a mental note to ridicule him later for his lack of etiquette.

"Be careful with these guys," he spoke, his voice deep and ominous as if he was omitting some sort of prophecy. "Do not trust them. They may seem friendly on the outside but they won't hesitate to do whatever they need to do if it's for their career."

You didn't know what else to do besides let out a small laugh. "You know, Xiao, you shouldn't talk that way about your friends. I understand where you're coming from, but I can handle myself now. You don't have to protect me like you did when we were kids."