𝗫𝗜𝗔𝗢'𝗦 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗘 - 𝗖𝗛𝗫𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟴

The day of your outing with Xiao had finally arrived

The day of your outing with Xiao had finally arrived. You had some business to attend to as student council president on Saturday mornings, so you had to come to the meeting spot dressed in your school uniform.

Your childhood friend was waiting for you in a loose black sweater with gray sweatpants. He had dark sunglasses and a forest green baseball cap on to conceal his identity. He omitted an aura that prevented passersby from going up to him, but a few school girls were staring at him across the street and whispering to themselves.

Walking up to him without fear, you tapped his shoulder. "Hey."

His amber gaze met yours and he let out a small sigh. "You're late."

Pulling out your phone to check the time, you saw that it was two minutes past your initial meeting time. "I had some work I had to do at the school this morning, but I came as fast as I could."

You could've apologized, but you realized that there wasn't a need as you had been fulfilling your responsibilities as the student council president which always took precedence over your personal life.

"But to make up for it, I prepared something!" you smiled at him as you pulled two paper slips out of your pocket.

"What are those?" Xiao asked, his voice betraying his interest even if he feigned neutrality.

"Tickets to the amusement park in the next city over," you handed him one of them, "I managed to buy some, although they ended up being a bit expensive. Isn't this the perfect way to take your mind off of things?"

He stared down at the ticket in his hand. Although his eyes were hidden behind his sunglasses, his lips curved just slightly upwards. "Mhm."

Pleased at his reaction, you urged him towards the nearest train station. "Well, there's no time to waste then."

Whilst on the train, you reviewed your schedule for the week and the preparations for the festival. Xiao had never been the type who enjoyed talking on public transport and neither were you. The faint sound of the train clattering against the rails served as background noise to your mental preparation. When the train came screeching to a halt at the station you were supposed to depart at, Xiao roused you out of your concentrated stupor and the two of you disembarked to head for the amusement park.

The line to the entrance was around two hundred people, and you couldn't hold back your exasperation. 

"I know it's a Sunday, but I wasn't expecting the crowd to be this bad," you pulled out your phone and checked the time so you could keep track of how long it took to reach the entryway. "I'm sorry, Xiao."

"I don't care," he shrugged his shoulders, "waiting in line is no big deal."

"Really?"

When the two of you were kids and went to the amusement park, Xiao had always complained about waiting in line. In fact, he wouldn't shut up for practically the whole time, moaning and groaning about how they spent ninety percent of their time at the park waiting in line. When you realized that he probably said that just to reassure you, you found yourself feeling a little embarrassed.