𝗫𝗜𝗔𝗢'𝗦 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗘 - 𝗖𝗛𝗫𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟲

After discussing the theme of the festival with several other members of the student council, you had come to the conclusion that it would be best for each individual class to create their own display with the general theme of 'creativity and new ...

After discussing the theme of the festival with several other members of the student council, you had come to the conclusion that it would be best for each individual class to create their own display with the general theme of 'creativity and new beginnings.' At first you had given a bit of pushback to the idea since it was so vague but you slowly began to see the upsides of letting the classes branch out into their own interests a little more.

    You had told the vice president (named Gil) that you had a busy schedule due to a job and he had offered to take over most of the preparations so I could focus on work.

    Abandoning your work was really difficult for you but unfortunately 4NEMO had decided to plan a concert to commemorate the festival which required you to help them out with promotional events as well as rehearsal.

    "Gil, I really don't want to abandon my work," you protested to him for the hundredth time as you walked down the hall with him by your side. "It's my duty as student council president to uphold—"

    Gil gave me a stern look. "I understand that you're dedicated to your work, but sometimes I worry that you don't do anything but work for the student council. Seriously (Y/n), I feel like as a vice president I do just as much as the other members. Please let me do this—not for your sake, but for mine."

    You sighed and finally conceded. "Well if you put it that way, I guess you're right. But you have to let me at least handle overviewing the submissions."

    Gil smiled wryly and poked your cheek. "Jeez, you're seriously a workaholic. I guess that's why you won the election for student council president."

    You shot him a glare before breaking into a smile.

    Truly, you were beyond grateful for Gil's help with everything. Despite your position he had been one of the few people to talk to you as an equal rather than an individual to be feared.

    "Thanks, Gil. I can always rely on you."

    In terms of popularity, Gil was relatively close to the bottom of the ladder. He wore unique glasses that often shadowed his expression from view, making most people weary of approaching him. He often kept to himself, focusing on his studies.

    As you continued idly chatting with him, you spotted Xiao walking down the hallway by himself. You wondered why he was still here during after-school hours. When he spotted you, his amber eyes narrowed into slits—not at you, but at the boy standing next to you.

    "Hi Xiao," you greeted him casually, trying to ignore his searing glare. "What's up?"

    "I-I should probably go," Gil spoke hurriedly. "I'll take the rest of the documents for you, (Y/n)."

    He grabbed them out of your hands before you could respond, speed-walking away and leaving you with the peeved angsty teenager.

    "So chatting it up is more relevant than coming to rehearsal?" Xiao spoke with a scowl as he watched him walk away. "I never thought that you would be so boy-crazy."