Mothers Day pt. 3*OLD

Y/N looked in the mirror, the outfit they chose out was only used on special occasions which was only used twice in their whole life. The day Tom graduated from the police academy and the day they graduated middle school out of the foster care system and adopted by Tom and Maddie. They thought wearing this outfit was overkill for a fancy restaurant that Tom booked 2 months prior...yeah.

They readjusted their bow tie and dusted their vest and straightened up the wrinkles. They tied the laces on their dress shoes, rolled up their white sleeves and pulled up their pants a bit. (Y/N is wearing a vest suit fyi lmfao, it's gender neutral and looks good on all, so slayyy but if you aren't into that you can imagine a diff outfit, it's not super important to this chapter lol)

They fixed up their hair and added some formula to make it pop. They sprayed some perfume [or cologne] on them and walked out of their room. No one was in the halls so they decided to go check up on their little brothers. They noticed the attic steps were already pulled down and carefully walked up since their dress shoes didn't bend to well to their bidding. Y/N was met with the three sitting on their beds, they all wore basically the same thing, a black blazer, white undershirt and a tie

"Wooooowwww, you guys look like celebrities" Y/N remarked smugly. "I am a celebrity, have you seen how many times I came up on the front page?" Sonic retorted, hopping off his bed and strutting over to Y/N, they giggled in response. "You guys ready for a night of fine dining and living the life of a celebrity?" Y/N started.

"Yeah!" The three cheered in unison. They all made their way downstairs and found the married couple sitting at the table, seemingly waiting for their children. Maddie wore a straight midnight blue dress that was sprinkled with white sequins which looked like stars if it sparkled at a certain angle. Tom wore a white blazer with a black undershirt, navy blue tie and black dress pants. His blazer had a black rose patch stitched onto his left pec.

Everyone piled up into the car, the children careful as to not mess up their outfits in the back of the Ford. The fancy restaurant was fairly far so they had to leave 3 hours early in case of traffic. Eventually they all arrived at the restaurant which was filled with with wealthy-looking people and karens arguing with minimum-wage staff over the uptight reservations they require in order to dine there.

Staff who weren't being bombarded with karens attended to the Wachowski's and had some questionable looks shot at Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Nonetheless they still attended to them and sat them at a circular table near a botanical garden view lightened up by fairy-dust yellow lights in the dusking sunset. "Wow, this is amazing Tom, how did you afford this? I heard it was super expensive" Maddie asked him, interested how much money he blew off in his savings account.

"Wellllll, since G.U.N still basically owes us for doubting Robotnik's return and almost killing us for allowing him to basically get the master emerald, they agreed to give us money if we ever needed it, I lied saying that we were in debt with some company and needed....$100,000 to pay off that debt" He explained as a smirk slowly grew on his face.

"You are one messed up man, but hey, gotta respect the hustle. No one can pull 100 grand like that from the government" Maddie chuckled, their waitress came over and took all their orders, for some weird reason she still made weird looks at the three, maybe because they didn't look human yet lived amongst them?

"I'm getting kinda weirded out, she keeps giving us weird looks like we have something in our teeth" Sonic whispered below the table to Y/N, "If she keeps it up, I'll make a scene" Y/N reassured him, but they weren't lying. Hell they'd fight someone if they have an issue with them. They spent the rest of their waiting time talking amongst themselves, about work, school, overall life.

"So mom, you enjoying mothers day?" Y/N asked even though they knew the answer already, "Well, it certainly was eventful, probably the most family time we spent in a day, so yes. I am enjoying mothers day" She responded fondly, "Happy mothers day you beautiful woman" Tom kissed her, the children fake gagged, basically reliving the moment from earlier. The waitress finally came over with their meal.