8: The World Conquer

~Marry~

It's been eight weeks since I've decided to leave my friends. And, it's been lonely, without a friend to be by your side in any kind of world. I don't blame them for not being with me in this new world I'm entering, I was the one who left them.

But, my cellphone is full of missed calls and unanswered texts. I wish they could just stop befriending me. It'll hurt them.

This is my boyfriend, Seto.”

I remembered Angel telling me this, as he gestured towards Seto. The worst feeling is to see the person you love, love someone else. And maybe, running away the best option for me. Afterall, it was the only thing I do since forever.

I rubbed my eyes which was tired from crying last night rather hardly. I miss my friends, but mostly, I miss Seto.

I heard my Dad knock before inquiring, “Marry, hun. Are you up?”

I opened the door and saw my dad staring at me with a soft smile. I looked up at him to return the gesture. I felt a pat on my head and he went downstairs.

My dad and mom's story was Romeo and Juliet's.

Dad was raised to be a perfect man to be able to inherit his parent's businesses. However, when he was all tired and worn out of the perfect-man project, he decided to have a vacation on Japan.

That's when he meets Mom. Mom believes that no one is perfect and so, she tried her best to find fault in dad.

(A/N: The fault in our dad //slapped)

She finds nothing at first, but as the days flew and they both got closer, she sees the one mistake he'd done.

He fell in love with her.

Dad wasn't allowed to fall in love with anybody except his sworn fiancé whom he've never even met before. But, feelings exceeded laws and then Mom became pregnant of me. Dad knew this and was so happy to have a family.

But, his parents were strict. “Business first,” was what they had always told him. Threatening to kill my mom and I, Dad agrees to leave Japan for our safety.

Dad never married his fiancé and was punished by his parents. And that punishment was that he was never allowed to have any contacts with us.

Dad's parents died a year ago because of intended murder but Dad was embarrassed to see us, because of his broken promise. He believed Mom had a better husband now.

But he heard she died, and so he immediately sees if it were true. And it was. And, I was the only one he had 'til then.

“Your eyes,” he spoke. “are swollen.”

I lowered my gaze to avoid his sad eyes. “I'm sorry.” My frown deepened as he looked at me with disappointed eyes.

“If you wanted to see them so badly, you should've told me.”

“No, dad. It's fine. I..”

His eyes softened, as he looked at me with sadness and gloom. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I quickly look up at him. “Before you regret, I want you to ask yourself, ‘Is this for the best?’”

Is this really for the best?

/

Where is he?”

I ask Momo who was frozen in her current state. As her eyes shined and tears began welling up, she hugged me tightly. I hugged back as tightly as I could, and I couldn't help but cry. I missed her. I missed all of them so much.

“Marry!” Her smile never fades as we part, she shouts with much happiness. “I never thought I could ever meet you again. I missed you so much.”

Momo, I'm sorry for leaving without a goodbye.” I add, “I missed you, too! But could you please let me speak with Seto?”

Her eyes darkened. I was tensed, as anxiety decided to sum my emotions up. “Seto is.. He's.. not here..”

I felt goosebumps on my arms, I urged her to explain further. I gripped the hems of my skirt, worry washing over me. “We all thought it was nothing. Since that was he said. That the paper Hibiya picked up was not his and that he doesn't have illness or something like that. As his friend, we believed him.

“He wasn't lying at the most part, but symptoms suddenly shows and I knew what it was. Brain tumor.” I jolted in surprise. How could this all happen so fast..? “It happened to my grandma. So I knew it when he said his vision were a little bit of blurry but I kept that to myself. I asked him how he got the paper Hibiya picked up. He said he just picked it up at a hospital and was planning to give it back to the right owner.”

“But the question was, how did he got to the hospital? But once again, I kept that to myself.” She then said no more and I knew what had happened next. Her eyes were filled with regret and sorrow so I hugged her, tighter than she did.

“It's not your fault.” Before I knew it, tears had came running down my cheeks. I have to brave for him, I figured.

Even having to conquer the world with one hand, if Seto takes the other, I could do it.

OH YEAHHH THIS CHAPTER IS ACTUALLY LONG AND NOT SHITTY LIKE THE OTHER CHAPTERS!

Inner Self: This one was corny tho I bet no one enjoyed it.

Me: Oh shut up with your pathetic self pitying, just go get some cookies, we gunna party hard, gurl!

Inner Self: But I want cake...

Me: Shuut uuup!

I know this has lot of mistakes in it since I've already reread this. But I'll fix it soon, I just need to update now.