5: Boy's Talk

~Seto~

“Hey, Seto, why do you look like you just saw a ghost?” Kano teasingly laughed, eyeing Kido who just glared at him.

“I-I'm fine....” I trailed off, my mind started to drift off that moment. “K-Kano, c-can we talk later? Just the two of us.”

Kano's eyes widened a bit but then he just nodded reluctantly.

-

“Hey, so, what if you found out that your friend actually didn't like you. I mean romantically.”

Kano looked at me suspiciously and before I explain, he laughed loudly. I blushed and hit his arm lightly.

“We're talking about Marry, right?” When I didn't respond, he just laughed again. “God, you two should just marry already! Get it?”

My cheeks were red, partly because I'm so embarrassed, and partly because I'm angry. I glared at him and he shivered.

“Sorry, sorry~” He raised his hands and shaped him into a peace sign. I just sighed. “Sooo, you found out Marry didn't like you romantically?”

“...Yeah.”

“And... That's why you looked like it was the end of Earth earlier?”

“...Yeah.”

“So, you're askin' what you should feel?”

“...Kind of.”

“That's easy. If you like her, then you'll get hurt. If you don't, then don't feel anything.

“But it seems like it's impossible for you to not like her. I mean, look at yourself. You look like—“

“So, do you think I like her?” I cut him. I knew it was pretty rude but the apologizing comes later. He shrugged with a smile.

“The question is, do you like her?” I felt heat rushed to my face and all I could do was look at the ground.

“That answer is enough.” Kano's laugh ran through my ears. And one realization hit me. I felt like an idiot for not noticing it for a while.

I like Marry Kozakura and she doesn't like me back.

-

Sorry for too much shortness. But, hey, at least I updated!