2: Beyond Friendship

~Marry~

It's been years since Seto and I first and last met. He was adopted. And so am I.

I'm now enrolled to a school and today is my first day. I'm so nervous! I wish I could get Seto to squeeze my hands. He does that when I'm nervous.

I looked at my side, hoping and wanting to see Seto smiling. But what faced me was the other side of the car.

I looked down. Stop hurting yourself, Marry.

“Marry?” I heard a familiar voice next to me, the one who adopted me, Azami. She was actually my grandmother. I was always wondering why she looked young as ever.

I made sign languages. And fortunately, she understood it.

“Oh, you're nervous. It's okay, Marry. ” And with that, she looked away and talked to my Grandfather.

I fought the urge to cry. I really want Seto beside me.

“Oh, we're here!”

-

I opened the door of my classroom anxiously. Looking at the ground as if it was something amusing, I bumped to someone really large.

He looked scary. As I start to tremble, he started smirking and looking at me with a glare that can crush your heart.

I wanted to apologize. Realizing no one would help me, my eyes water. He couldn't understand me if I made sign languages.

I started to walk backwards with a frightened face. He seem to love it when I look scared.

“Oi.” I heard a voice at my back. And I could feel the death aura of it.

I looked at the owner of the voice. Looking closely, the owner was actually a girl with a long, green hair. She looked scary, too.

“Dont you see you're scaring her?” Said she. I looked up at the taller man.

His face was like Death just arrived.“A-Alright. Sorry about that, Kaichou. (President) A-And sorry too, little girl. Be careful next time.” And then, he walked away.

So cool~! I stared at my savior who was called president. She's so cool!

“Ah, Kido. Who is th--” I heard a very familiar voice from her back.

My eyes widened and I felt my eyes water. “Marry!?” He shouted in disbelief.

“You two know each oth--” Kido, I assume, was cut by Seto, who hugged me. I was overwhelmed and hugged him back. If only I could shout his name!

He whispered my name as he caresses my hair. We apart and we smiled at each other.

“Marry, you're here. Right?” I nodded and smiled at him.

“Thank you for waiting!” was what my sign language meant. He fortunately understood and smiled.

“Marry, you look the same.” He commented and I laughed a bit.

“H-Hey, you two knew each other?” Kido-san asked. “Is this the Marry you were talking about?!”

Seto nodded happily, humming a tune I don't know. Maybe I looked the same. I'm so happy. Especially when she said Seto told her about me!

“Huh? Marry why are you red?” Seto asked. I covered my cheeks and I looked up him with “Really?!” eyes.

He nods curiously and I shook my hands at the front, signaling for him to never mind. He just shrugged and smiled at me.

Ahh, how I miss this smile.

-

Covered with bruises and tears, I looked up to the sky. The punches they threw was left ignored by me. All I did was ask God. “What had I done to deserve this?”

As I hear the repeating sound of their irritated and satisfied voice, saying, “Oh. Poor little girl. Your president won't be here to save you anymore.”

This world is unfair. One moment I was grinning ear to ear. Then now this? I'm tired. I'm tired of shedding tears. Please enough.

And with that, I let a sigh escape my dense mouth. They punch me more, as if I, too,was having fun.

A familar raven haired boy punched the leader in the gut. “STAY. AWAY. FROM. HER.” Without me realizing, I screamed. No one seemed to be hear me, though.

“Shit! It's Seto Kousuke! Run!” Shamelessly, they retreated. Just now, it was me who screamed, right?

“M-... Marry...” He looked at me with sympathy. “I...I...”

I placed my finger on his mouth because he seemed to cry again. Seto never changes, huh?

I played with his smooth hair with a small smile. I couldnt take a wide one. My body hurts so much.

Seto's head was in my chest, weeping quietly. He was sitting while I knelt in front of him, hugging him.

After a few minutes, he laughed as we parted. “It's funny how you should be the one crying.”

And with that, traitor tears flowed in my cheeks, without my permission. As always.

“Did it hurt, Marry?” He asked with a bitter smile forced in his lips.

I nodded and I was the one on his chest now. Was this what friends do?

If so, please convince me. Tell me that this feeling I have now isn't something that's beyond friendship.

-

Chapter 2 is finished just now! Hahaha! Is it sad? Well then, see you in the next chapters! Btw, dedicated to MeganeHime03! Thanks for voting.

And the thing when marry screamed, no one noticed it. Not because no one heard it but because they were too busy being punched by Seto. Lol.