Three - The Maximoff Household

___

AFTER CHARLES RELUCTANTLY CONSENTED in helping Erik escape from prison, a plan was quickly devised. Zahara hadn't been to the Pentagon before, but she knew it would be next to impossible to break into.

When Zahara, Logan, Hank and Charles gathered around a table with the blueprint of the Pentagon's layout in front of them, she was even less certain that the plan would work. Geometric shapes and lines were strewn over the piece of paper, indicating the many structures and passageways the Pentagon had. It may as well been a maze. Zahara struggled to comprehend how safe this proximity was, as  doubts and hesitancy began to rise up within her.

"The room they're holding him in was built during the Second World War, when there was a shortage of steel." Hank explained. "So the foundation is pure concrete and sand. No metal."

"He's being held a hundred floors beneath the most heavily guarded building on the planet." Charles drawled, pointing towards the Pentagon-shaped building in the middle of the blue-print.

"Why is he in there?" Logan questioned.

Zahara raised an eyebrow, looking between Hank and Charles in shock. If Logan really was from the future, shouldn't he know what Erik had done?

"What, he forgot to mention?" Charles laughed.

"Uh, JFK." Zahara muttered. She didn't like to talk about the incident much, considering the fact that she used to look up to the man when she was a child. He was like an uncle to her, before he too left her in the dust, betrayed yet again.

Logan seemed stunned, staring at Zahara in dismay, "He killed..."

"What else explains a bullet miraculously curving through the air?" Charles chuckled rather sinisterly. "Erik's always had a way with guns. Are you sure you want to carry on with this?"

"This is your plan, not mine." Logan reasoned.

"We don't have any resources to get us in." Hank said.

"Or out." Charles added. "It's just me and Hank."

Zahara gave him a look, "Exuse me, are we forgetting someone here? Perhaps, your daughter?"

Charles stared at her blankly, as if the answer was obvious. "There is no way i'd ever let you do something like this! We are talking about the most secure, dangerous and heavily guarded prison here. Why would you ever think this was an option?"

"I've been practising my powers every day these past couple years. I've gotten good. If you want to get into the prison you need as much help as humanly possible!" She argued, flinging her hands up in the air in frustration.

"That may be true but listen closely," Charles leant closer as he spoke, leaning halfway over the table, "You. Are. Still. A. Child. I will not allow this whatsoever."

"It's about time you let me do something fun, Dad. C'mon, please?" She whined, placing her hands together in a begging motion.

"I'd hardly refer to this as fun." Charles sighed, stroking a hand down his face in fatigue.

"She is right, Charles." Logan interrupted the heated conversation, solemnly glancing at Charles. "All hands on deck. We need the help."

Charles bit his lip in thought, furrowing his eyebrows. "Alright, but on one condition. You NEVER leave my side." He said, giving in to her pleas.

Zahara grinned at Logan. She decided she liked him now.

"On top of that," Logan exclaimed, glancing at Zahara with a strange smirk that she couldn't understand the meaning of, "I know a guy. Yeah, he'd be a young man now. Grew up outside of D.C. He could get into anywhere. I just don't know how the hell we're gonna find him."