Four - The Pentagon

Four - The Pentagon

___

ZAHARA WALKED ALONGSIDE CHARLES, HANK AND LOGAN, blending in with the small tourist crowd. The tour guide escorted them through the corridors, holding a brochure, containing information about the prison.

"Built in 1943, the Pentagon is the worlds largest office building, housing more than 25,000 military employees stretched over six million square feet."

 Tuning out the guides boring speech, Zahara trailed behind the others as she was in a mood with Charles. She had wanted to assist Peter in breaking Erik out, insisting that It was Peter's 'first time ever doing something this extreme!' and that 'He needs backup incase something goes wrong!' but Charles wasn't having it. 

Much to her and Peter's dismay, he had immediately turned down her proposition. Charles was very hesitant of trusting the boy with his daughter, fearing that he would take full advantage of Charles' absence and getting friendly and flirtatious with her.

Peter was clearly planning on doing just that; in fact, on the drive to the Pentagon, he had developed a variety of pick-up lines and conversation starters that he hoped would charm her. Having no interaction with girls apart from his family, Peter immediately took a liking towards the girl, and was set on winning her over. 

However, his plans seemed to crash down all at once. Hearing Charles' dismissal of the duo sticking together, Peter practically got on his knees for the man, pleading and arguing his case.

"You ask me to come here, for free might I mention, to do something that could get me killed, and you provide me with no backup whatsoever?" He exclaimed, adjusting the collar on his silver jacket "The least you could do is provide me with someone to help me!"

Charles didn't even need to use his telepathy to know that this was a complete and blatant lie. He knew Peter was a rather skilled thief, and the chance of breaking into the world's most secure facility made him almost jump for joy. The boy's genuine intentions were clear, and Charles had no intention of changing his mind.

___

As the tour guide continued to talk, Charles, Logan and Zahara split off from the crowd down a flight of stairs, leaving Hank alone to toy with his radio, of which Zahara wasn't sure was for.

The trio has arrived at the kitchen upon turning down the last of countless passageways. Sprinklers were deployed throughout the area as panicked chefs scrambled about, hurrying out the doors.

Charles attempted to gain authority over the situation, clearing his throat and speaking in a loud manner to grab attention of everybody in the room. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is a Code Red situation. We are evacuating the entire floor so that we— my, uh, associates and I— can, uh, secure the prison. " Zahara sighed and shook her head at the dreadful attempt of Charles' takeover. His stutters and aversion of eye contact wasn't as convincing as Charles had intended.