Nine - Sweet Dreams

Nine - Sweet Dreams

"Zahara."

"Zahara, wake up!"

Fluttering her eyes open, Zahara was met with a blinding light as Alex ripped open the curtains in her bedroom, sending rays of sunlight into her face. She immediately sat up, rubbing her eyes groggily and letting out an extravagant yawn.

Zahara looked towards to clock beside her, it's hands reading the time 14:26. She must've fallen asleep after coming back from the gardens with Scott. Despite it being the middle of the day, Zahara didn't like to be rudely woken up by anyone, ever.

"Alex, I just wanted a couple hours nap. It's been a long day." Zahara grumbled, side-eyeing the mutant as he hurriedly ushered her out of bed.

"Well that's too bad. Come on, we have to go. Raven's here and we're all going to track down Erik with Cerebro."

Well that certainly woke Zahara up.

"What?" She yelled, jumping out of bed to quickly grab Peter's jacket and put her shoes on. "Like Raven, Raven? Mystique Raven?"

Zahara hadn't seen Raven in a while, not since Logan came looking for help to save everyone's future. Now that she thought about it, her heart dropped at the thought of him. She hadn't seen the guy since they saved the world ten years back, and he got captured by Stryker and his men. Lord knows where they took the poor guy. Hopefully he's alive, Zahara thought.

"Yes, Mystique Raven." Alex sighed, opening the door and beckoning Zahara to walk faster, "I'll explain everything to you on the way, just trust me."

___

After being caught up to speed with the help of Alex, they alongside Charles, Hank, Moira and Raven made their way into the room where Cerebro was contained. No matter how many times Zahara had been in Cerebro, she couldn't help but stare in wonder at the room, and it seems Moira had the same thought process.

As Charles put on the head piece and the mutants across the globe began to show up, Moira gazed around in astonishment and disbelief, blinking rapidly as if she was dreaming.

"What are those?" She asked, pointing at the white figures dotted all them.

"Those are all the humans of the world." Charles answered, before switching the room to a much darker hue, red figures moving about the room like stars.

"And these are all the mutants. Charles is connected to all of their minds. In fact, it's how he found me when I was younger. I owe my life to this place." Zahara said, smirking at Moira's bewildered expression.

"The CIA would kill for this."

"I know they would," Charles replied solemnly as he closed his eyes, in search for his oldest friend.

"Where are you, Erik?"

Letting out a breath of relief that he had been holding in, Charles zoomed up to a specific figure: Erik.

"Charles?" Erik breathed out, his voice echoing against the walls.

"Hello, old friend." Charles said. Tears began to well up in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I feel your pain, and your loss."

"You think because you can see into my head, you know how it feels?" Erik's voice projected out, a sense of anguish and snide covering his words. "You're looking in the wrong place, Charles."

"What happened to them, it was terribly wrong." Charles shook his head sorrowfully, a tear dripping down his cheeks ."But come back to us, I can help you."