Saying Goodbye

After dropping everyone off and going home Marco decided he needed some alone time in the bathroom to destress. Tom was fine with that and smiled and waved awkwardly until the door was closed before scrambling to Star's room. He busted in and Star whirled on him.
"Tom?! What the heck?!" She yelled as she looked up from her spellbook.
"What am I going to do Star?! How am I going to explain to him, and his parents that in three days he has to move to the Underworld because he's about to become a demon, and not just any demon but the prince consort because of some dead demon goddess that thought that HIM of all people would be the best to figure out an ancient mystery?!" There was a shatter behind him and both of their eyes went to the door where Marco's parents were.
"Well silver lining, that takes care of the parents." Star giggled in a strained manner. Tom glared at her.
"Not helping."
"Is this true Star, Tom?" Marco's mother asked hesitantly. Tom sighed and ran a hand through his pink hair, messing it up slightly.
"It is, I am sorry. This wasn't the reason I came here, I was really just supposed to be a 'normal' person for a while. We just found out today as well." He watched as Marco's parents looked at each other for a while before seeming to come to a conclusion.
"You will take care of him, won't you?" She asked and Tom nodded.
"I swear I will keep him safe for you. I promise." He said seriously, knowing that he could not convince the parents to let Marco go if he was not serious about keeping Marco safe in the Underworld. But Tom knew that he couldn't keep Marco here, not if what Heckapoo said was true. If Marco had demon blood, a goddess' demon blood at that, his fledgling would possibly destroy the house, and his parents. Marco would never live with himself if that happened.
"And this is for everyone's safety correct?" The normally affable man asked with a protective glint in his eyes. Tom nodded.
"If he were to stay here, then he could cause the destruction of not only your home, but you as well. I won't let Marco be responsible for that." The parents seemed alarmed at the possibility of what he said and sighed.
"Alright then, we trust you. Take good care of him for us." They walked away and Tom could hear their bedroom door shut down the hall. Star got off the bed and started to clean up the broken plates of snacks that she was sure that Marco's parents had been bringing them.
"Will I be able to visit after the fledgling?" She asked him and Tom sighed and bent down to help her.
"If Marco doesn't kill me in cold fury about all of this." Star giggled and shook her head.
"Impossible, Heckapoo said you two were soulmates. You want my help explaining this to Marco?" She offered and mocha colored feet stepped into their field of view. They looked up to see Marco in a towel and his hands on his hips.
"Something tells me Starship, that your offer won't be necessary." His voiced trembled a bit at the ice in Marco's glare.
"No it most certainly will not be. I can't believe you would keep this from me! When did you find out about this?!" Tom shot to his feet and held up his hands, a piece of plate dropping to his feet.
"We just found out today I swear! I am not happy about taking you away either but it's for everyone's best interest!" This seemed to make Marco madder and Tom's third eye caught Star flinching, uh oh.
"OH so now I am some monster you don't want to be seen with is that it?! And how dare you decide what my best interests are!" He turned on his heel and stormed down to his shared room and slammed the door. Tom stood their frozen, he had never seen such fury from the Latino boy and Star stood up.
"That was some land mine you stepped on."
"I didn't-" Tom's eyes narrowed as that presence was back and from the gasp next to him it was strong enough for Star to sense. They rushed down the hall and threw open the door to see Marco being held in the air, limp and passed out and being pulled into a portal. They rushed forward but it was useless as Tom's fingers brushed Marco's silky bangs before the portal closed around Tom's fingers, severing the tip of his index finger and disappearing.
"Shit!" Tom cursed and Star could only stand there shocked.