Chapter Sixteen

As soon as Zach drove away, I crumpled; I let go of Ryder's hand and curled in on myself crying. Zach's last words felt like a slap. He didn't know who I was anymore? I was still me. Why didn't he see that?

Ryder pulled me up and into his chest and held me tightly, "No, baby, no. Don't cry." he murmured stroking my hair. "It'll all be okay."

I needed to get away. I needed to think. "Ry, Ry I-I need to go." I said quickly.

"Erin?" he asked cupping my cheek.

"Please, Ryder. I just need to sit and think. I don't want to have to choose between you and him. I need to figure this out. Please."

Ryder sighed but nodded. He reached in his pocket and handed me his keys. "Take my car. Just please be careful." He told me leaning in to leave a light kiss on my forehead.

I took the keys from his hand and got into his car. Ryder waved at me as I left. I gave him a small wave before I turned around the corner.

I decided to go to the one spot I could just think I'm a peace, a place no one knew about except Zach and I. It was our childhood place.

I pulled off to the side of the street and located the break in the trees that led down to the lake. I kicked of my shoes and slipped my feet into the water and called the one person I could talk to right now.

"Momma?" I said tearfully as soon as she picked up.

"Oh, Erin!"

"I'm so sorry. For everything. But, I just really need advice right now."

"Of course, baby. Of course!"

"I don't know what to do, momma. I've lost Zach, I've lost you and dad. But everyone is judging Ryder. They don't know him. And everyone is acting like they know what's best for me. I feel like I need to make my own decisions and if it's wrong, I learn. What do you think I should do?"

"Well first off, honey, you haven't lost your dad and I. We're your parents, we love you. No matter what. We're just worried about you. You haven't been home in days. As for Ryder, I agree with you, you need to make your own decisions. And as for Zach, you two have been inseparable since the day you were born. That's not going to change because of a boy. You need to go to Zach, sit down with him, and talk to him. Talk it out. Find out why he's angry and make it better."

"Thanks. But, what about dad? I know he's angry with me. And he won't let me near Ryder. What do I do about him?"

"Erin, he's your father. He's going to be overly protective of you. That's his job. He's doing it because he loves you and it's what he thinks he should do to keep you safe. Why don't you come home tonight and we'll talk it out? As a family."

"That sounds good. I love you, momma."

"I love you too, baby. I'll see you tonight."

As soon as my mom and I finished talking, I texted Zach. Can we talk? Please. I don't want to lose you.

I jumped when my phone buzzed. With shaking fingers, I opened the text from Zach. Where do you want to meet?

I sighed in relief and quickly texted back. Our spot. After school.

Got y'all a new update!

Yes she calls her mom momma. I'm from the South it's just what we do! Lol

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

I'm deciding on two different endings to the next chapter... The one I really want to do, I'm not sure if I should because it makes it seem like the book is moving too fast... Cause I still have a lot to pack into this book and there are MANY surprises around the corner! Some are gonna shock you so be prepared! That's all I'm gonna say.

So the weather is bad at my house right now and I hate, like absolutely HATE, storms. So with that being said, there may be a new chapter up tonight if I can't sleep during the storm.

Avery