𝟎𝟎𝟑 : 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

"C'mon (Y/n), the last time we ditched class it was your freshman year

      "C'mon (Y/n), the last time we ditched class it was your freshman year." He stood close next to me as  I raked my hands through my hair because I was worried that it would be messed up again and to be honest, I wanted to look nice in this moment. "(Y/n/n), are you listening?"

I look over to him and nod, "Yeah, sorry." He continues to look at me and stares at my hair and then my hands, "Your look nice, by the way." He smiles down at me and brushes his shoulder against mine. His smile is still on his face as he looks ahead of us. His side profile showing perfectly almost underneath his hair, but I tried not to stare. I slightly feel embarrassed that he knew I worried, but at the same time, Eddie and I kind of knew what was going on in either one of our brains. I am starting to see Eddie in this different way that makes me wonder about our future. He looks at me in a way like he wants to kiss me every time our glances last more than a couple of seconds, but we just never have confronted the matter at hand.

"Your brother is a weird kid, just so you know. I think he's smart for his age, but at the same time he worries me."

I look over and shrug, "I know you're mainly worrying about a club that we aren't going to be a part of when we graduate this year, what's the big deal?"

He looks at me offended and puts a hand to his chest, "This is our legacy we are talking about! If we leave behind a bunch of lunatics to run Hellfire, then all those articles will be telling the truth." He puts his arm around me and laughs, "And you know how much I hate when they're right."

We start to walk down the outside forest lining, slightly hitting the outside school limits, but not going too far. I stop walking as he moves himself in front of me, "Eddie stop worrying about the smallest things that don't apply to us," I put one of my hands on his cheek and slightly rub my thumb against his skin, "Dustin will be fine, and Mike will help him. Hellfire is gonna be the shit, in a positive way." He laughs as he grabs my hand and leans into it, "You are—"

We both looked toward the woods as we heard a couple cracks of leaves. We both felt like we saw movement of something behind those trees, my hand had fell from his face, but he was still slightly holding onto it as we both looked away from each other. "It's probably nothing." I said, but Eddie looked toward me and nodded, "Maybe I should go take a look though."

I see students start to walk out of the school quickly and I hadn't realized the bell rang, "Are you sure?" And without a proper response, he patted my shoulder and walked towards the woods. I continued to stand there wondering what was pulling him into the curiosity of the forest, but soon enough I hear someone calling out to me. "(Y/n)! You going to the game?" I look behind me to see Steve and Robin standing a couple feet away.

They eventually made their way over to where I was standing, "No, I got a campaign later. I mean technically I'm sitting out on this one because Dustin and Mike are responsible for a replacement, but I still have to be there."

"Oh, to be a nerd." Robin ruffled my hair and leaned her arm on my shoulder, "You're in band, that's not any better." She led me closer to the school as we all made our way over to the honorary benches that seemed to always be dedicated to people no one knew. "Well at least I participate in my club."

I looked toward Steve, and we are both thinking the same thing, "We know your motivation for continuing band is Vicky." She starts to protest as we both laugh, but all I can think about is how Eddie still hasn't come out of the forest and I'm continuing to wait for some sign of life to reappear.

+

Erica Sinclair is her brother's replacement, and I am sitting in the seat besides the main table watching as I agreed it was better I retrieved my input from this campaign. I had become too busy with my mother and her cat problems to feel an ounce of readiness for this moment in time, so I sat and watched. And glanced back and forth from the members to Eddie. I'll admit, maybe I was mainly staring at Eddie.

He never told me what happened in the forest, all I know is that he came back with a smile on his face and completely ignored my presence as I walked into the room we are playing in. "So, this is Sinclair's infamous sister."

She looked toward him, "He's sharp." My eyes wandered a bit and looked to Eddie, "What's your class and level? Level one dwarf?" It was like a battle between two smart people who didn't like to step away from their ground territory. Of course, Eddie was like that, but Erika, I barely know her. And by the continuous name calling and bickering, it seems as if Eddie has met his match.

But all that didn't matter because it was time to start, "The hooded cultists chant, Hail Lord Vecna! Hail Lord Vecna!" Eddie has always been serious about this game, a little too serious, but seeing him being committed to something was intriguing, especially because you didn't see this effort in his schooling.

It was like the world was spinning as you see each member's eyes look toward him. His face slightly behind our D&D book, his hands making small gestures, his eyes serious. "But there is one you do not recognize, his skin shriveled, desiccated. And something else." He quickly stands, "He is not only missing his left arm, but his left eye!" They all clamored in disbelief. We all thought Vecna was dead, but as Eddie slammed the small figurine down, it felt like it was all over for them now.

"You are scared. You're tired. You are injured." He looks at each and every one of us. He smiles slightly at me and releases his soft demeanor into who he was before.

Everyone is contemplating the next move, "Do you flee Vecna and his cultists? Or stand your ground and fight?" Munson looks towards them for answers as I look toward him in question of what happened in the forest. He's on a roll, so I won't bother him.

All I wonder is if Robin and Steve are enjoying their night as much as I'm contemplating mine.