𝟎𝟏𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐭

"When I got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but, uh

"When I got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but, uh...my walkie was busted, man. Drenched." Eddie sat beside me as we were now with the others. We had come back from our little excursion in the woods and were paying attention to everything that Dustin wanted to know about what happened. "So, uh, I did the thing that I do now, apparently. I ran." He puts his hands out and smiles to the side sarcastically. I can't help but feel bad that he's now being labeled as someone he is not. For something he didn't even do.

"Do you know what time this was? The attack?" Nancy asked.

I looked away from them to see Dustin pacing back and forth with his compass in hand. He looked confused, hand on hip and everything.

"Yeah, no, I...I know exactly what time it was. My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked." He started to take off his watch and tossed it over to Nancy quickly. She caught it and started to stare at the small area of a screen intently. "9:27."

"Same time our flashlights went kablooey." Robin added. She was right, it was already nighttime when Vecna stroke again, that was the reason why it made being at the Creel's house so much scarier.

Steve was still confused though, "Which means what, exactly?"

"That that surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick."

I looked over to Eddie who was fiddling with his hands as he became a bit anxious. He looked nervous mainly, especially because there was still a way to go until we reached Vecna. But at least we were a bit closer, and Robin agreed, "Well, we're one step closer. We know how Vecna attacks."

"And where he attacks from."

Max's arms were crossed, her hair was in two braids, and she looked a bit paler than usual, "So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart."

"If he even has a heart."

"A stake?" Steve looked over to me, "Is he like a vamp? Is he a vampire?"

"Oh my god Steve." I rubbed my hands on my face and pulled down my shorts. I was able to change when it came to the days passing, sometimes borrowing clothes from Nancy and other times running to my house in the middle of the night to get some spares. I stuck with my Converse and brought a bag with different shorts and shirts. With all the running everywhere, it seemed like a hassle to be wearing pants when the only ones I have, my mom would kill me if they got dirty.

"It was a metaphor."

"A bullet should work on him, right?" Eddie said as him and Lucas were coming up with alternative methods, "I say we chop his head off." Nancy nodded her head and gave a more broadened explanation as my brother kept walking around, looking at the trees or something.

"I say all of the above, but we can't do any of that 'til we find a way into the Upside Down."

"We need El to get her powers back." Max said bringing in Steve, "Everything was way easier. We had this girl. She had superpowers—"