𝟎𝟎𝟓 : 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐦

"Dustin!" I'm running around the house trying to look for him as my mother is freaking out

      "Dustin!" I'm running around the house trying to look for him as my mother is freaking out. He's got to be here somewhere. Last thing I knew was that he was with Mike, last thing I knew was that Dustin wouldn't run away from home, last thing I want is for him to be dead like Will. I'm calling houses, I'm knocking on doors, but I still end up at my own house in the end. Steve's not answering his home phone and Robin is out of town.

My body is starting to sweat. I'm trying to calm down, but everything feels like it's burning. My head hurts and I just wish my goddamn brother was home, so I didn't have to be babysitter all the damn time. I wish I could track him down; I wish I could know what he was thinking or doing, I just wish Dustin was...

Lights are flashing above me. I look up at the dining room lamp, it's flickering. Almost like the lightbulb is done for, but it doesn't stop. It's going faster now and then as it starts to brighten to its highest capacity, it stops. Out of the corner of my eye I see it. A small flicker of light that leads to another lamp in the hallway. This has to be the weirdest shit I've seen all year and I saw Steve ask out two girls at the same time in front of their boyfriends.

I slowly walk towards the one light that is still flickering as if it's waiting for me to get closer. It moves to another light until I'm in Dustin's room. His main lamp is going in a variety of routines of flickers, and I can't keep up because it's all glistening around me as I stand in the middle of this teenage boy's room. The lights illuminate everything until they shut off completely, "(Y/n)?"

"Yeah." I look up from the papers in front of me. Robin and Steve are looking at me like I'm crazy while Max and Dustin are still by the computer. "I think I'm going to throw up." I feel my body betraying me, the feeling in my throat is overwhelming and all I can hear is Steve with his multiple small, concerned shouts of "woah" into getting me to sit down. All this seems like I woke up one day and I'm dreaming, all this time I thought I was crazy. I thought that what I saw that one afternoon was a sick joke from the neighbors or a dream that felt like reality. I was unaware of how far Dustin knew into this and how much Steve and Robin had been exposed to this so-called monster. I'm not fully aware of the details because I zoned out a bit, but I do know that my mind was not lying to me when the world went dark around me, and flakes of ash fell onto my skin.

I was not dreaming. That's official.

"Look (Y/n), I'll explain everything when we find Eddie, alright?" Dustin looked over to me and sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything before, but right now I'm scared that I may lose Eddie. So, I promise I will explain later." I nod my head and stop speaking the entire time they're trying to figure out where Eddie is. My mind has been zoned out so much that I can't even bother to think of anything else but that night. I can't think of something positive, except for that dark tall silhouette of a body coming toward me and then quickly disappearing. All I know right now is that I feel like I can't breathe, and Dustin is invested in something that has taken his attention to another world.