𝟎𝟎𝟗: 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Max had jumped into the car and Steve started hauling it

      Max had jumped into the car and Steve started hauling it. She had snatched her counselor's office keys and now we were going toward the school. I was leaning against her legs almost falling asleep when, out of nowhere, we hear Dustin's walkie go off. "Dustin. It's Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin!" I immediately sat up, fixing my shirt and hair that was still loose and out of a ponytail. Dustin quickly picked it up and clicked the side, "Lucas? Where the hell have you been?"

      Lucas sighed, "Just listen. Are you looking for Eddie?"

      I grabbed the walkie from Dustin, "We already found him Sinclair, no thanks to you."

      "(Y/n)?"

      Dustin took it back, "Yeah yeah she's involved now, you'd know if you were here—"

      "That doesn't matter, so you found him?"

      "He's at a boathouse on Coal Mill Road." I slapped Dustin's shoulder remembering Jason. We didn't know if Lucas was still with him. "Don't worry, he's safe." He continued without paying attention to me.

      "You know he tried to kill Chrissy, right?"

      "That's bullshit. Eddie tried to save Chrissy."

      "Then why do all the cops say he did it?" Max took the walkie away this time, "Lucas, you're so behind it's ridiculous. Just meet us at the school. We'll explain later."

      "I can't. I think some real bad shit's about to go down."

      I looked over to Max confused and she clicked the side again, "What are you talking about? What bad shit?" Lucas didn't respond. There was static over the radio, but no answer. "Lucas? Lucas?"

+

      It's dark inside Hawkins High, I have Steve beside me as Dustin leads us to where we need to go. Almost immediately as we turn the hall, he gets a message, "Dustin, do you copy?" It's Robin.

      "Yeah, I copy."

      "So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye." We're walking extremely fast, and Dustin sounds out of breath, "Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now."

      "What are you doing?"

      "Breaking and entering school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files."

      She sounded confused, "Can you repeat that?"

      Dustin looks over to me annoyed, "Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything." We finally catch up to Max who was now opening the door to Ms. Kelley's office. The door is opened, and everything is dark except for whatever is in the view of our flashlights. I point at some posters, her desk, and then I turn to see Max at a filing cabinet. "It's like a mini-Watergate or something." I turned around to see Dustin and Steve looking around.