𝟎𝟏𝟐: 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

Both Nancy and I wake up to the sound of static and a familiar voice, Nance gets the walkie talkie first as I'm trying my best to wake up as fast as I can, but as of right now, my eyes are having a hard time staying open

      Both Nancy and I wake up to the sound of static and a familiar voice, Nance gets the walkie talkie first as I'm trying my best to wake up as fast as I can, but as of right now, my eyes are having a hard time staying open. I and everyone else, were clearly exhausted. "Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?" The radio clicks and there's more static from his end as she's making her way to grab the walkie, "Dustin, can you hear me? Earth to Dustin. Dustin? (Y/n)?"

      "Hey, it's Nancy." She looked over to me as I hugged onto my pillow, head still leaning on it and almost on the verge of falling asleep sitting up. "Wheeler! Hey. Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

      "No. No, no, no. Don't do that. Stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can."

      There's more static and then we hear him again, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, um...can you pick me up a six-pack? I know it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." We both rolled our eyes. I leaned against the pillow again but realized that Nancy was looking over in a different direction.

      The same direction that Max was supposed to be on the sofa, "Shit. (Y/n) take this." She tossed me the walkie and went over to Dustin, "Dustin! Wake up!" My brother was the same as me when it came to waking up groggily, but he seemed to have woken up faster than usual. "Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?"

      Well, she's not there. Great job, Dustin.

      As they continued to argue and make their way upstairs quickly, Eddie was constantly calling out her name for a response. "Hey, sorry she had to go figure something out." You could hear a bit of static and then his voice came in, "(Y/n)? How are things going over there?"

      "Not much better, but at least we aren't dead."

      "Yeah, I'm glad." You could hear him laugh a little, "But...how are you doing?"

      I looked down at my hands and started to remember these past hours of the days. All I could think about was how exhausting it has been. "I'm fine, really." There was a long pause, almost as if he was thinking of something and it brought me back to the realization that the last time I talked to Eddie was when we were on the verge of sharing a kiss, but then we never spoke of it.

      I got up from the floor and walked over to the area where the desk was, "Eddie?" I clicked the side and he answered right away. "Yeah. Sorry." There was another pause, "Hey, (Y/n). Maybe we should talk about what happened, you know in the shed a couple days ago."

      "Yeah." I was fidgeting with the paper that was in the desk, "We probably should—"

      "All I need to know is if you wanted that to happen. If it wasn't just a heat in the moment kind of thing." He cut me off, almost impatient, but mainly curious.