𝟎𝟐𝟏: 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

(2 years later)

(2 years later)

      I mixed the spoon around my mug. The clinking was bearable enough that I wouldn't get annoyed, but I still tried to avoid the noise. I picked it up and brought it toward my mouth, drinking a bit without burning myself, and looking outside the kitchen window. There was an empty field in front of the house, lilies surrounded the porch and birds flew up onto the roof.

      I have already gotten used to living here in 1988 Yaak, Montana. An empty, nothing to do town filled with old farmer's markets and the Kootenay River right by. It had been home for these past years and the most important part was that no one knew we were here. And no one knew who we were.

      I looked at the other mug on the counter and picked it up with my free hand, its warmth melted onto me, and I quickly made my way outside. The grass was prettier than usual, its usual patches were filled with healthy parts and the trees that guarded our house from the sun were rustling a bit from the wind. I looked over to the empty porch swing and placed down the mugs on the coffee table, my new pair of Converse lay on the side as I had slippers on, and I looked out to see where he was.

      I walked down the stairs leading down the porch and turned the corner to his usual spot. The ducks sat by the small pond silently, some swam, and others moved to where food was being handed out. I walked closer, hugging my own body. "Good morning." I said taking him out of his trance of feeding.

      He looked over to me and smiled, quickly dropping the bread, and making his way over to where I was. He engulfed me in a hug as he got close enough and separated us a bit to kiss my lips, "Morning, morning." It was as if Eddie had become a totally different person since that night in Hawkins. He looked different, he acted different, and most importantly, his love of music had changed. He was more open to different types of genres, so the change was positive, but when it came to his look, you could say he was unrecognizable.

      His hair was immediately cut at our first pit stop out of Hawkins. I remember him still being sore and feeling sick, but even though I loved his hair, I had to make him a bit disguised. His hair was short, not the medium length he liked, and it took him some time to get used to. Eventually, he said he liked it, said it was easier to take care of and better for the situation we were in.

      He only acted different in ways that made me happy. He was more grateful for life and recognized the good in people. He told me that he did feel like a hero helping the people in Hawkins, even though they wanted him dead. He liked that he did something good. He also liked that I thought of him as a hero, but most importantly he calls me his for not giving up on his life and saving him. "The ducks are going to eat the whole loaf, Eddie." We both looked over to the pond-like area and he nodded his head, "That's alright."

      He hugged onto me and leaned his head on my own, "You sleep well?" He asked. I nodded my head and brought up my face to look at him, "What about you? You got up pretty early today." He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm just excited, that's all." I smiled into a kiss and his grip tightened onto me. His hand moved to my lower back, and I laughed as he slightly dipped me down.