Reminicent

Reminiscent
June 1st, 2022
I had this dream-like two nights ago.

    I was walking up a flight of stairs. Or, well... Jumping up, on one foot. I was pretending my right foot was injured because I thought it was fun to hop up the stairs on one foot. The stairs were quite narrow, so I could pull myself up the steps using the railings on either side.

Once I reached the top of the steps, I could see that they began going down again. It was odd, I don't think I have ever seen stairs like that. The point of stairs is to get somewhere, but these went all the way up, only to go down again. I didn't get it. At that point, my dad suddenly appeared, seemingly out of thin air, and latched himself onto my back. Instead of being like:

"Holy shit, how are you here? You're supposed to be dead." I simply went: "Oh, hey dad! Why're you latched onto my back?"

I didn't say it out loud, but it was hard to walk. He seemed quite amused that I had been going up the stairs by hopping on one foot. The look on his face was reminiscent of when I'd do something stupid, or ridiculously funny as a kid, and he'd just shake his head, laughing. A few moments later, though, he sort of... fell back and faded off, making me come to a realization.

'He's not here with me right now. He's in the U.S. and is almost dead. My sister Ingrid is with him, and is going to let us know when he dies.'

I then faded off and woke up, feeling reminiscent of my dad. In truth, he died last year, and I was there with him when it happened. Perhaps this dream is my subconscious reminding me that he still watches over me, and laughs along at my stupid shit, like always.