[2] Beautiful Morning

It was early morning at Valorant Protocol, the sun was just rising. I stood out in the fresh air, my coffee steam heating around me.

"Beautiful morning isn't it..." a voice rose behind me. That French accent made it all too clear who it was. His hand rested on on my back, his thumb rubbing circles.

"It is, but what has you up an hour early..." I turned, placing my hands on his waist. "You've never gotten up before 6."

"Well, I felt someone climb out of bed and I decided to come join her."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"No need to be sorry mon amour, I love our one on one time." He explained. Chamber leaned forward, pecking a kiss on my lips.

I turned to look out once more before turning back. "How about we go back to bed. Its our day off is it not?"

"Indeed it is. I do agree." He quickly swept me up, carrying me bridal style toward his room.

"Chamber, I can walk!!" I squirmed, trying to get him to put me down. In reality i enjoyed this moment. I finally stopped, laying my head against his arm.

He opened the door, latching it behind us. He put me down, walking to his bathroom only to come back a few moments later. He pulled his shirt over his head, folding it and putting it in his dresser. He walked around to the other side of the bed, climbing next to me. I moved closer to him, laying my head on his bare chest. Chamber moved his arm to rest behind me. His fingers messed with the blanket.

"You're awfully quiet...you normally like to talk when we're laying down."

"Just a lot on my mind...everything is alright mon amour."

"Like what?" I sat up, looking at him with worry.

"I worry about you, especially when you're on a mission without me."

"And I know you do. But I try my hardest to stay safe just to come home to you." My hands cupped his face, my thumbs rubbing circles.

"But you were hurt last time. You'd gotten shot in the leg, it could've been worse. You could've been killed."

"Vincent Fabron, I am still alive. I am here and alive, with you." I pulled him closer, wrapping my arms around him.

"I love you...mon amour."

"I love you too. Now let's go back to sleep." I laid down with open arms for him to climb into, which he did. He hid his face in the crook of my neck, his breath tickling me.

—————

It was later in the morning when I woke again. Chamber had left already since it was close to 9. I climbed out of bed, quickly showering and dressing myself.

Closing the door behind me, I walked towards the lounge room too see only a few of my colleagues.

"Morning (Y/N), sleep well?" Sage asked, pouring a coffee for herself.

"I did, but you haven't by chance seen someone that's very handsome and tall have you?"

"Him, Yoru, Pheonix, and Sova all decided to go to the shooting range. They haven't returned yet."

"Alright, well thank you." I thanked her for the information and started walking towards the shooting range.

I used my card to open the metal doors and walked in.

"Good morning gentlemen."

They all turned, waving then turning back except for Chamber. He started walking towards me to greet me half way. "Finally you're awake. I've been waiting since 7."

"And you didn't bother waking me."

"No, because you wouldn't let go of me amour. I had to pry your arms away."

"Well what can I say. With a build like that who wouldn't wanna let go. I'll be off now." I turned and walked off leaving him with his male colleagues.

—————-

Yep 2 oneshots in a day, I feel accomplished