[3] Make A Wish

REQUESTED
BY TinselTheSimp

The vibrations of my phone were loud against my bed side table, loud enough to wake me up. My alarm was going off, reminding me of the time. 5:30 A.M.

Once I was finally awake, I stretched and got out of my bed, walking towards my bathroom. I pull my (H/C) hair out of the ponytail I had pulled it up into before sleeping. Today was a different day, one I wished would've never come. My birthday. I don't enjoy the attention it brings to me.

I stepped out of my room fully dressed, acting as if today was any other day. Heading to the armory to get my guns so I could clean them. It was earlier in the morning so most of the agents were still asleep.

The automatic doors slid open with my motion triggering the doors, welcoming me in.

Getting a cloth and cleaner, I took my guns apart, cleaning one piece at a time. Putting in my headphones, I turned my music up. I spent my morning cleaning my guns, taking time to clean my lovers, his golden sniper taking the longest. In the end, I finished around 8, everyone awake and moving now.

Sitting at the table, I felt hands slowly touch my shoulders. Looking up, a tall man stood behind me, leaning towards me and kissing me softly.

"What is mon amour doing all alone in the armory with her music playing? Not on a day like this." He asked, pulling out a chair in front of me.

"It's a normal day, whatever do you mean?" I mocked his accent and poetic tone.

"Love, it's your birthday, we should celebrate."

"Ah yes, celebrate my day of reminder I'm growing older and am slowly getting closer to death." I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"Come on~ I have a few things for you anyways." He stood back up, grabbing my hands. "But first, put this on." He handed me a blindfold.

I slipped it over my eyes, confused at what he was doing.

We started walking, in which way I had no idea. He lead me for a couple minutes before stopping me. I was very quiet where we were.

"Chamber where are we?" I asked, feeling around for his hands that had gone absent from mine.

"You'll see soon."
——————
I stood a couple minutes longer in the black void my eyes could see. "Alright take the blindfold off."

In front of me was the a table set for two, a small cake in the middle, waiting to be cut. We were on the front balcony of the Valorant Protocol building where we worked. "Chamber..." I turned to face him, my heart racing at the sweet thing he'd done.

"Joyeux anniversaire beauté."

I wrapped my arms around his torso, breathing in his sweet smelling cologne. His arms held me close.
"You still need to make a wish."

"I wish I could be with you forever..." I said aloud, my eyes closing.

"I have another thing." He pulled away, grabbing something out of his pocket. A small black box. He slowly got down on one knee, opening the box. The ring was gorgeous, a diamond in the middle, surrounded by smaller diamonds. "(Y/N) (L/N), will you marry me?"

I quickly nodded, "Yes, yes!"

He slid the ring on my finger before kissing me. I'd never loved anyone like this before, from the day we met, the day Brimstone introduced us. He's just been recruited, nothing but a stare and a head shake before he walked away with his hidden but obvious smile. The first time he'd kissed me, we were alone in the armory.

———————
Sitting the lounge with everyone, we all drank our choice of alcohol while embarrassing each other with stories.

"And Yoru, was just non-stop complaining, entire way home all because Pheonix burned a hole in his jacket!" Skye explained, laughing at Yoru who was sitting next to her, annoyed by the way she explained him.

"Yoru, you look very unhappy, something wrong?" Jett giggled, a little affected by the alcohol. Chamber whispered a few words into my ear about something funny he noticed, suddenly a huge gasp erupted from Jett. "HELLO? (Y/N)? WHATS ON YOUR FINGER?!"

My eyes went wide, looking at Chamber quickly for help. "Do we tell them?" I whispered.

"Jett already spilled it pretty much." He replied, his voice soft.

"Okay, well since Jett has noticed, I guess it's time to tell you guys." I paused, taking a deep breath, "Chamber and I are getting married."

Killjoys wine glass dropped along with everyone's jaw. Thankfully her glass was empty.

"Congratulations!" They all yelled. Jett ran over quickly, looking at the ring, fascinated by the diamonds.

"You better treat her well, or I'll kick your teeth in." Jett threatened, hugging me as if she would never see me again.

"Have you guys decided a date or was this ten minutes ago?" Sage asked, taking a sip of her wine after.

"We haven't decided, but we thought about in the fall." I explained, the feeling of his finger making circles on my shoulder gave me comfort.

"Jett should be the flower girl." Reyna teased, pretending to throw flowers on the ground.

"Perfect fit for her." Raze answered.

"What!? No! I'm not 5 guys, I'm 22, I'm a big girl." She whined, a frown appearing on her face.

"Don't worry Jett, I'll find you some pink flower petals." I joked, laughing at the girl in front of me.
————