4 ~ speaking truthfully

"Ben! Sophie!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"Soph!" Jay yells. I take a seat on a tree stump and feel all the worry go inside my body once again. "We'll find her, C. We'll be sure she's safe."

"These things just grow everywhere!" Gil says grabbing a berry from a bush. "Hey we should play that ice breaker. Um, Jay, I like the way that you can... bounce around and jump off things. These are free right?"

"Yeah um... I like how you get a kick out of a berry bush," Jay responds back.

"I guess you've probably seen everything by now, huh? Furry rocks, giant fish, you're probably used to grabbing lunch off of a bush."

"No I mean usually no, not really. I mainly just use the vending machines at practice. Tourney kinda eats up most of my time so-" Harry starts laughing in the back at Jay.

"Tourney? That's a wee boy's game. PS your mutt went that way."

"Carlos!" I hear in the distance.

"Dude what do you see?"

"This way!"

"Ben! Soph!"

"Sophie!" Everyone calls out.

"Oh boy, something stinks and it wasn't me this time!" Dude says. Immediately a beast jumps out from behind a tree and gets ready to attack us. He starts charging us and he trips over a cat. He quickly gets up and starts charging Gil.

"Gil! Whoa!" I push Gil out of the way and the beast runs into a tree. Then it starts charging Harry and Jay shoves him out of the way.

"You need some serious nose adjustments," Harry says after he almost got sliced.

"I'm not so sure," I respond back. I take a good look at him when he's on the tree branch. It's Ben! "Ben? Did Audrey do that?"

"Huh I thought I recognized those pants!" Jay says realizing. The beast looks down at his hand and he seems to be hurt. The cat meows and I notice the ring around its paw. Soph!

"Guys that's Soph! Look at the ring!"

"Huh I should've known with the tiara on her head."

"Oh he's got a boo-boo! That's why he's so cranky! You know my dad said that his dad did not handle pain well at all," Gil points out.

"You're good with animals. Do something." I look at Jay and I finally just go walk up to the branch and pray I make it out of this situation alive.

"Ok Ben, Soph. It's me Carlos, alright?" I tell the both of them. Ben swipes his hand at me and the cat hisses at me. I dodge the hand in fear and try and explain myself. "Whoa! Ben, Soph! Guys it's Carlos. Alright? You know me. You helped me once. Remember with Dude? Right? Let me help you. Come on let me see your hand." Ben puts out his hand and I see a piece of wood from when he tripped over Sophie. "Atta boy- um, Beast, King, whatever. Oh yeah it's a big one. I'm gonna count, alright? One, two!" He lets out a roar and goes down from the pain. "There it is! You did it!" All of a sudden he begins to get sprayed by what I'm assuming is Enchanted Lake water. I spot Jane on a log blasting the water from a squirt gun. "Hey!" Jane hits Sophie next and she comes back to normal. Thank God. I immediately rush over to her.

"Oh my gosh, I was so worried. I'm sorry I forgot to call. I'm so glad you're alright!"

"Oh my gosh, when you didn't show up when it was a quick trip I was so worried she got you. I'm so glad you're alright!" I hold her in my arms for a while and Jay brings Ben down from the branch and sits him down on a stump. He looks like a completely different person. He has a beard and he has fangs! That's so cool.