5 ~ bringing it down

~Sophie's POV~

All of our senses come back and we head over to Audrey's castle to make sure everything is alright and I see Mal, Uma, Celia, and Harry already there. Evie and I go to sit down across from Mal at Audrey's bed, where she lies and Alex and Raelyn walk in. Wait. ALEX AND RAELYN!!! I sprint to the door and give them the tightest hugs ever.

"Miss me that much?" Alex jokes.

"I thought you two were gone for sure. We all were for a second," I say.

"Frankly that was the best sleep I've gotten in a while. Wait. What are they doing here?" Rae says pointing to Uma and Harry.

"Don't worry. They're on our side." We take our seats next to Evie and I feel a set of hands on my shoulders. I look up to see Carlos with a face of sympathy.

"She's slipping away," Evie announces.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this and that's Hades," Mal says. Is she crazy?! Hades out of all people?

"Hades? He wouldn't do it. And I wouldn't risk it," Ben says scared out of his mind.

"Actually he might do it for me. He's my father." Wait what?! I look back at Ben and thought about bursting into laughter. His father-in-law is going to be Hades! He looks like he's about to poop his pants. Instead I let out a snicker quietly so no one hears me but Carlos gently smacks my shoulder and he's smiling.

"Well I'll have to send guards to get him."

"Maybe I can hitch a ride. The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it," Uma says.

"Well then, you'll need your first mate," Harry says standing up from his seat to put his hands on Uma's shoulders.

"The Isle will be in very good hands."

"I really think that Evie was right. And I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry I lied to all you guys. You deserved so much better than that."

"You we're just trying to do the right thing," Jay backs her up.

"Yeah," Uma agrees.

"And Soph, I'm really sorry I didn't tell you the truth when I had the chance. You and Carlos deserved to know. And don't take it out on Ben. He was just trying to protect you."

"I forgive you. Like Jay said, you were just trying to do the right thing. I'm sorry I went all Beast mode on you and Ben. That was out of line," I apologize. I go to give her a hug and Evie steps up behind me and starts to talk.

"I get it."

~the next day~

The royals meet up in Audrey's room again, and the Beasts and Queen Leah meet us there as well. If I'm honest I didn't sleep well last night. The fact that Audrey could be dying any second and we weren't on the best of terms is disturbing. I really wish I had the chance to make it right. A knock on the door disturbs my thoughts and Adam opens it up to reveal Hades. I stand back with Ben and Alex and he walks in with chains on his wrists and ankles.

"Thank you for coming," Mal starts off.

"Didn't have much choice," he says smirking.

"Can you wake her?" Ben asks walking closer to him.

"Since when do heroes care about villains?"

"She's-"

"One of your own? Right. When you guys try to destroy the world, it's an error in judgment. But when it's one of us... lock 'em up and throw away the key. Right Beast?" I look at Adam and he's looking at the floor. Hades attempts to put his hands up but the guard quickly grab onto him. "Yeah I'm gonna need to use my hands." Mal looks back at us and Ben and I nod. The guards release him and Mal hands him the ember. His hair turns into blue flames and starts to get the feel of the ember again. "Haven't lost my touch." He then turns to Beast and they have a full-on growl battle until Mal calls him away.