𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

3rd pov

3rd pov

"F-Fuck..," [y/n] bit into her hand as Scaramouche poured alcohol over her leg.

"Don't worry, I'm nearly done." He wiped up the excess alcohol off her leg and tightly wrapped it up with a bandage.

She pulled out her phone and looked at the time. "You need to pick up the kids-" [y/n] slowly and steadily stood up, "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?"

"Nah," he stood up, "I know where it is. Just rest. I'll take care of everything."

Scaramouche looked at her as she nodded. He stared into her eyes. Those damn eyes. Those damn... beautiful eyes.

Maybe he had stared for too long, because now she was flustered as she stared into his eyes. He cleared his throat as he felt his own face turn hot and stepped away from her, "Not like I give a shit though."

He stormed out of the house before she could look at his face. Deciding not to use a car that wasn't his, he walked to the kindergarten. It was only two blocks away, so it was barely considered a walk at all.

~~~

"Who are you here to pick up?" A woman at the front desk asked him with a smile.

"Sayu and Qiqi." Scaramouche read off of a paper [y/n] had given him. He handed her a card that basically confirmed that the owners kids were in the establishment.

"Those are [y/n]'s kids... I'm gonna need you to show some proof that she entrusted you with them." She spoke with suspicion laced in her words.

He handed her a hand-written letter, explaining that he was a babysitter and that everything was ok. On the bottom she had written, 'If you need more reassurance, just call me and I'll confirm it with you.'

The woman nodded to herself as she turned into a room. After two minutes, she brought out two little girls.

One was purple-eyed with short, light beige hair. She wore a panda sweater with short sleeves and a built-in stuffed tail. She looked tired as she held a round panda-looking stuffed animal. From the description that [y/n] had given him, this must've been Sayu.

The other one was pink-eyed with purple hair. Her hair was mostly cut short, but in the back there was this long braid. She wore a dark purple beret hat with a sticky note in her hair that read, 'zombieeee!'. And this must be Qiqi.

"Who are you." Qiqi spoke in a very monotone voice as Sayu stood behind her and yawned.

Scaramouche passed her the letter, "I'm your babysitter for tonight. Your sister wrote this to prove it."

Qiqi and Sayu stared and the paper and nodded to themselves. They handed the paper back to him.

"Yup. Still can't read." Qiqi said, "But handwriting is hers. Trust."