𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"Damn Scara, do you have any other songs that aren't emo?" [y/n] said with a playful smile as Scaramouche scoffed

"Damn Scara, do you have any other songs that aren't emo?" [y/n] said with a playful smile as Scaramouche scoffed. They had only been driving for ten minutes.

"Well you turn something on, then! I bet it's gonna be shit anyways," He passed her the phone.

She almost immediately turned on Until I've Found You by Stephen Sanchez.

Georgia
Wrap me up in your arms

Ever since the song came out, [y/n] had strangely been addicted to it. If you asked her why, she could never give a direct answer.

'Well, I've never fallen in love before, but this song is what I'd imagined it to be,' is what her answer was a couple months back.

Oh, let me hold you
I'll never let you go again like i did

But it was always hard to express the feelings the song gave her in words. It made her feel like home, if you could sum it up.

Oh I used to say

She looked up from the phone and-

I would never fall in love again until I've found him

With his eyes glistening in the sun's afternoon light, Scaramouche looked almost like a painting. Hair unkept and natural, finger tapping on the steering wheel on beat with the song.

I said, "I would never fall unless it's you I fall into"

Staring helplessly at him, she couldn't help but feel at awe. How could he look so... good?

He was wearing an black oversized Arctic Monkeys t-shirt and basketball shorts. How did that look so good on him?

I was lost within the darkness, but then I found him

What was this feeling that was overwhelming her? Nervousness? Confliction?
Confusion? ...Attraction?

And suddenly it hit her like a bulldozer. He was so perfect. He made her feel like home. It explained it all. Why she couldn't look him in the eye, why she felt safe around him, why she couldn't bring herself to hate him anymore. And a couple months back, she had been completely right about the song.

I found you.

"Yo... you good?" Scaramouche said as she snapped out of her gaze, "You look like you're about to pass out. Should I pull over?"

His voice. His goddamn voice. He naturally sounded sarcastic, so hearing him speak with such a genuine tone made her want to ascend. It took her a moment to process his words before she could respond. "O-Oh, yeah! I- uh- was just spacing out, you know?"

She nervously laughed as the song eventually ended.

[y/n] looked out the window as Scaramouche played his various indie rock songs, head full of thoughts. Too busy overthinking her relationship with Scaramouche, she didn't even notice she was slowly falling asleep. Of course, he did though.