𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

3rd person pov

3rd person pov

"[Y/N]," Hu Tao banged on [y/n]'s window. It was three in the morning, "[Y/N] YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DAMN THING OR I'LL BREAK IT,"

[y/n] groggily dragged herself out of her warm bed and cracked open the window, "What do you want, 'Tao?"

She laughed dryly as she slammed open the window and hopped into [y/n]'s room, "What do I want? WHAT DO I WANT??? [Y/N] ARE YOU REALLY THIS CLUELESS???"

Hu Tao threw her bag and shoes off and dramatically sat down on the bed, "I can't believe you'd hide such a thing from your bestest friend."

[y/n] literally had no idea what the hell was going on. "What am I even hiding??"

"YOU AND SCARAMOUCHE," She pulled out her phone and shoved the screen in [y/n]'s face, "YOU TWO ARE DATING,"

Hu Tao's phone revealed an entire discord server named, "scara x [y/n]" with over a hundred users inside.

[y/n] yanked the phone away from Hu Tao as she looked through it. There were too many text channels.

It ranged from photos of them standing remotely next to each other, to actual fanart that was made.

[y/n] turned to Hu Tao with a red face, "NO-NO I-IT'S DEFINITELY NOT LIKE THAT-,"

"[y/n]," Hu Tao's voice became a bit more serious, "You don't need to deny it anymore. You didn't have to cover up kissing him that first time by saying it was a way to get back at him! We're totally fine with you dating him."

[y/n] was about to deny it, but suddenly it all dawned on her. They kissed two times already. All the Fatui probably knows that he was trying to protect her. She goes to his house once a week, even if it's to tutor him. He had gone to her house and took care of her and her sisters. She had invited him to the beach for the weekend.

'All of this evidence... we are dating in everyone's eyes. Even if I deny it, no one will believe me because of how much contact we are forced with each other. Shit.'

But suddenly, something clicked in her head.

'Dating' him meant immunity from not just the Fatui, but everyone. Even small things like not having her erasers always stolen. 'Dating' meant going over to her house and taking care of her sisters for free would be a regular thing. 'Dating' him meant inviting him to the beach for the weekend would make sense.

'Dating' him meant... being near him... tracing her fingers down his light abs... combing her fingers through his soft hair... What the fuck? No. Shut up. No. That... definitely no.

But instead of giving Hu Tao an answer, [y/n] just laid back down on her bed.

"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???"

~~~

[y/n] went to school that day with a mission. She had to talk to that bastard about this issue.