Chapter 3: Encounter

(Felix's POV:)

(Felix's POV:)

Me, Chan and the rest of the team headed under the bridge. It was very dark and spooky. I like it!

"Alright team, here's what we'll do. Let's have 3 members look over the bridge and the rest of us will look under." Chan announced.

Three members went over to climb over the bridge meanwhile the other 3 of us were here.

The sun has officially set and the area was covered in the black night sky.

"Chan hyung! I found something!" Keo exclaimed.

Me and Chan quickly went on over to see what Keo was talking about.

It was a message on a wall painted with blood that read: "I come from hell, I am a spirit, I am god but not god himself. What am I?"

"A riddle eh? This should be easy to solve." I said putting a finger on my chin.

"Come from hell...a spirit?... God but not god himself..That last clue is very misleading. What a narcissistic demon."

"Oh that's right! The answer is a demon!"

"Mhm, it didn't require much thinking for me."

There was a store in the distance. We were planning to take a look over there next when I saw something in the distance. A red glowing light.

Without thinking twice I followed the light. It led to under the bridge we were inspecting a bit earlier. 
......
I heard noises like something was munching on a thing?
I slowly turned around and flashed my light onto the thing.
.........

A person? Eating a person? This isn't right...

I looked closely at the figure. It stared at me with its glowing red eyes. The figure took the proportion of a human. With red hair and horns growing from its head. Pale skin decorated with blood.

My eyes landed on its lips, eating what looks like....fingers?

Then I realized the dangerous situation I was in. I am in contact with a demon.

I stepped back slowly. It stood up and wiped the blood of its mouth.

"What do we have here?"

It approached me.

I was too terrified, I didn't know what to do.
The only words that slipped out if my mouth was.
"Please don't k-kill me.." I looked into its eyes. It wasn't red anymore, it was green. Perhaps it has calmed down?

"I wouldn't damage a pretty face like yours." It cocked its head scanning me head to toe with its eyes.

It took me a second to realize that the demon called me pretty. A flirtatious one is it?

It was actually gorgeous and attractive, like a model.

"Who are you, what are you doing here?" The demon asked me softly.

"I'm..." I couldn't tell it that I'm apart of the police trying to capture demons like him.

"I suggest telling the truth, or it'll cost your life." Its eyes were red again. It was serious.

I was freighted, I almost started shaking.

"Don't be afraid, I'll tell you who I am after you do." It caressed my cheek, blood left on it afterwards.

"I'm Lee Felix, apart of the investigation task force in  Daejeon's Police..."

"Ok, that's all the information I need, my name is Azaris, but my earthly name is Hwang Hyunjin. It's a pleasure to meet you Lee Felix."

He stepped back from me.

"I shall let you go for now, we might meet again but don't tell anyone about you encounter with me, or else you'll end up like my unfinished meal over there."

I nodded my head and ran as fast I could.

I found my way back to Chan and the others. Out of breath from running I fell onto the ground.

I met a demon.

————

(620 words)