Chapter 4: Captured

A/N: I'm working on a series called 'Enternal' the first book will be posted after this chapter so if you wanna check it out you can

—-

The task force met up again and returned to the police department.

"I hope we all got enough ideas and clues through this investigation." Chan announced.

Everyone decided to work in their own corners to gather up and organize all the information they obtained.

Felix, who had encountered a demon, was sitting in his corner practically traumatized by what he just saw and hour ago. He then smacked his head.

"Come on Felix. There isn't time to be fretting over that. I must organize the information!" He said to himself

Instead of going over what him and the rest of Chan's group found, he did his own research.

"The name of that demon is..Hwang Hyunjin." He mumbled as he searched up the name.

What popped up was a brown haired boy who looked a lot like the demon he encountered.
He was shocked by the results.

"..He died a few years ago?.." Felix mumbled more as he read through the articles of him. Then Chan walked up to him.

Quickly Felix closed all the tabs of Hyunjin and looked up at Chan remembering if he were to tell anyone about the demon he would be killed.

"I see you're really interested in your research." Chan smiled.

"Yup, everything we found today has been very interesting!"

"The other teams have found very interesting things and we can all confirm that there is likely more than one demon in Daejeon."

"Then we must do our very best to capture them all. I know investigating is what we mostly do but we need to get into action as soon as we get the possibility!" Mark joined in.

"I wish we could but we haven't even found a demon in Okcheon. We should look there again tomorrow or try a new location." Chan thought.

"Let's see how it turns out then."

"Alright guys. Lets go over everything that happened. Starting with Lee Know's team."

Lee Know stood up.

"Well we have explored some buildings but nothing was as bad as the convenience store we checked out. The whole place was wreck and the demon left a message on the wall reading "Do you want to be Oddinary?" I have researched the unfamiliar word but nothing much came up. I think it would be the combination of odd and ordinary."

He then sat down.

"Hmm, that's very interesting. Seungmin what do you have?"

Seungmin stood up.

"Me and my team were going to houses hoping to interrogate the citizens but apparently almost the whole town is deserted. The people that still lived in houses refused to open their doors saying that "it" will come for them. Me and my team have been thinking that the demons are keeping the alive residents captive, using them for whatever purpose they want.
There was this one person who did talk to us. He was talking about how everytime the moon comes up, the demons come and scratch their doors with their long nails. He worded it in such a poetic way that I almost couldn't understand."

Seungmin then sat down.

"Wow, it seems like you guys got a lot more info than us. For my group, we also found a message under the bridge. It was one of those "who am i" riddles. Felix guessed that it was a demon."

Felix was zoning out while Chan was talking. Flashbacks haunting him. He then touched his cheek remembering that the demon caressed it and how no one noticed there was blood on his cheek before he washed it off.

His heart was racing. Not out of fear but out of excitement. He didn't want to fear it anymore. He wanted to do his best to catch that demon and the others too.

He then listened back in to what Chan was saying.

"I requested weapons and other tools so that we are prepared for tomorrow. We are going back to Okcheon."

—-

The next day, the task force set off to Okcheon to investigate again.

Felix was hoping to stay with his team but also felt like wandering off to see if he can find that demon again. He was equipped with a gun so he was prepared.

They have all split up again in their teams.

——

Seungmin's team were venturing to bridge.

"I hope we can get some better results here." Seungmin spoke up.

"I'm pretty sure we'll find something. We always do-"

Hana was cut off by the sound of some sort of growling.

"Everyone shush." Seungmin put his finger on his lips.

The team slowly looked up to see humanoid figure on the ceiling. It wasn't so clear to see.

"Guys..is that-"

Suddenly the unidentified creature jumped off and landed on Hana, attacking her.

Seungmin grabbed his gun and shot at the figure, making it fly onto a wall.

Jiro grabbed a rope and with some help they tied up the creature.

"Hana are you okay?" Seungmin rushed over to the girl on the floor.

"Yes, I'm fine.. they're just minor scratches."

The team all looked at the thing. It looked like a human with fluffy black hair. Its head was hung down so no one could see its face.

Seungmin kneeled down to its level and hung up its head. It had a pretty face with red eyes glaring at Seungmin.

"Is this maybe.. a demon??" Hana questioned.

"I'm not entirely sure but let's call Chan and the rest over."

—-

(934 words)