Chapter 7: Deal

"What do you mean 'missing'?!" Lee Know shook the cage

"He's just gone! I don't know if he's been abducted or anything! He disappeared!" Han cried.

"Holy hell, how could this happen?!"

"Probably Hyunjin.." Jeongin mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"..."

"I'm bored and hungry! Could you give me something to eat?" Han whined.

"I'm not your servant." The detective groaned. "Besides, I think you have the ability to get out don't you?"

"A smart one aren't ya? Yes, I do have the ability to escape. I have thought of 26 different plans to break out but I'd rather stay here and admire you."

"I despise your energy but as long as that keeps you in the cage." Lee Know sighed taking a sip of his coffee.

To relax, he closed his eyes. Opening them up, he cracked his fingers and started typing aggressively on the keyboard.

"Whatcha typing?" Han asked, peering over his shoulder.

"What the hell?! How are you behind me?" The purple haired man spun around.

There stood the demon in front of him with bright sparkling eyes and a wide smile.

Lee Know glanced over at the cage to see that the lock was melted.

"Okay you win. What do you want?"

Han chuckles.

"You don't need to worry about me running out and wrecking havoc. I'm gonna stay here with you."

"Why are you so damn clingy?"

"Because I've grown attracted to you, Lee Minho."

The room fell silent for a minute.

"I've..haven't been called that in a while.."

Han tilted his head in confusion.

Lee Know continued, "I mean, I have been called handsome by a few people in my lifetime but there wasn't anyone attracted to me. Except for the time I was in highschool and I dated a girl. Heh..that didn't end very well.."

"Well then, I can treat you better than that girl!"

"What are you on about? I don't even like you! You're a demon. Something that goes around murdering innocent people!"

"Look look. I have my reasons okay? I thought killing humans were fun.. until I came down here to Earth and it isn't as fun as I thought. But then you investigators and detectives came out of nowhere and saw my works.. And now that I found you and see the fun life of humans, I've kinda changed my mind."

"Your reason was very stupid but I'm glad you won't do it anymore."

"So you don't have to keep my locked up!"

"Nuh uh that's not how it works. You still did something wrong and you need to atone for it. Plus, we need to question you."

"Fineee I'll go back in the cage.."

Getting up slowly, Han dragged himself to the cage. Jeongin was fast asleep.

"Hey wait.. You can.. stay here next to me if you want."

The demon quickly spun around.

"Wait really?!"

"Yes but once I get ready to leave, you're going back in the cage."

—-

The next day, everyone came in and heard the alarming news.

"What?! Felix is missing?!" Chan jumped up in shock.

"That's what the striped demon told me." said Lee Know pointing at Han.

"We have to search for him now!" said Yeojin in a worried tone.

"You're right, let's all head back to the circus area." Chan suggested.

"But we were planning on interrogating the demons." said Seungmin.

"We're gonna have to come back to that another time. We need to find Felix."

As soon as everyone was packed, they all headed out.

"Finally, those waste of spaces are gone!" Han yawned.

"Can you break us out now?" Jeongin asked. "I'm hungry."

"Well too bad! I'm surprised that Hyunjin's plan is still going well even though we got captured. I guess everything is left to our fellow friend."

"I guess it's time.."

Jeongin let out a petrifying shriek. It was so loud that the glass almost broke.

"Gosh! I could've went deaf! Warning next time please!" Han shouted.

"Oh shut up, you know it doesn't affect you."

A few minutes later, one of the windows suddenly broke open, the glass shards falling onto the ground. A horned figure appeared.

"About time you came." Han scoffed.

"Shut your face you pointy headed caterpillar."
The entity snapped back.

"Huh?! What's going on?" Seungmin ran onto the scene. He was the only one who went back because he was suspicious of the loud shriek that happened earlier.

"Oh crap." The creature froze.

"Who are you.." Seungmin asked keeping his distance.

The creature stepped forward. It was yet again another demon. He had black hair with green streaks, droopy ears with chained earrings, and long black horn that rose from his head.

"Well hello there. My name is Changbin." The demon said professionally.

"I'm here to propose a deal."

—-

(800 words)