Chapter 5

Aria had exhaled as she woke up. The day was unlike any other. For a change, Aria didn't feel overwhelmed with sadness nor did she have the thoughts that she always did have. Aria felt alive. She had looked out of her window towards the neighbors as she smiled and immediately got dressed. In her heart she could still feel the anger that she had carried with her since the day of her parents' death, but it didn't feel as heavy today.

"Aria," Logan said as he slowly came through the door and Aria had smiled.

"Yeah, Logan? What's up?" Aria asked as Logan smiled at his sister.

"You're happy today. Why?" Logan asked as Aria shook her head smiling from ear to ear.

"Why shouldn't I be? Am I supposed to be mad or sad for the rest of my life?" Aria asked.

Logan had looked at his sister confused at what was going on. For the last two years the young teenage girl had felt guilty because of what had happened with their parents and now for the first time it had seemed like she was okay and moving forward with her life.

"No, of course not. Who got you in such a good mood?" Logan asked as Aria had smiled and thought back of the previous night.

"No one specific," Aria said as Logan had nodded in disbelieve.

"Sure. Aunt Lydia says breakfast is done. Come and eat before it gets cold," Logan said.

"I'll be right out," Aria said.

She had looked at a picture of a family with two young parents and four children. She had smiled as she took a deep breath and exhaled before she grabbed her bag.

"I'm going to make you guys proud. I love you guys," Aria said as she had left her room.

~

Caleb had looked at his sister Ella who was slowly eating her food while she was on her phone as Noah came storming down the stairs.

"Noah Armani, if you cant get up on your own then I'm going to wake you up in the morning. You have..."

"Two minutes before class. Gotta go!" Noah said as he was off.

Shaking his head Caleb had looked at his sister while he was wondering what she was thinking as he heard a phone vibrating looking at his own.

Aria - thanks for yesterday.

Smiling at the message, Caleb had grabbed his things while he had looked at Ella and saw how she looked at him with curious eyes.

"I think I might have helped that friend of yours. Aria seems like a nice girl," Caleb said as Ella rolled her eyes.

"Yes, she is. What happened between the two of you exactly? I saw how you guys were all over one another yesterday at the grill. Is she really okay?" Ella asked as Caleb nodded and sat down next to her.

"Ella, she's got a lot to work through. A lot more than any of us will ever know. But we can't give up on her. Not yet. Just give it a bit. She will be okay. She just needs time," Caleb said as Ella had nodded.

"Come on. I'll drop you off at school before I head to work," Caleb said as the two Armani's were off.