Chapter 17

Aria was sitting in her living room when she had thought abut everything. She was 17 years old and heading into her senior year of high school soon enough. It was May and with the school year ending, Aria felt like her life was heading into an unknown adventure that she wasn't ready to jump into just yet. She had exhaled deeply while she also had to think about everything that she still had to do. Aria had shaken her head while looking at Logan and the twins busy with homework as she was busy researching on colleges.

"Have you thought about going to an Ivy?" Logan asked as Aria looked at her brother.

"No, no, I haven't," Aria said as Logan handed her a brochure.

"Brown University?" Aria asked as she looked through the brochure.

"Logan, this is very far away, I don't even know if it is possible for me to..." Aria said as Logan shook his head.

"It's time to think about you. Not us," Logan said as Aria nodded.

"I'll take a look at this," Aria said as she went out of the house.

As she jumped into her car, she had never even imagined that she would go to a foreign place to go and attend college. Aria had always thought that it would be something that she would consider rather going close to home than far away, but now she wasn't sure anymore. Aria had driven around town, unsure of where she would actually go, but the next thing she saw she was in front of the Armani residence. She had exhaled while she got out of her car and immediately saw as Caleb and Noah came out.

"Ella has gone out with Mason on a date," Noah said as Caleb looked at his brother.

"Off you go, Noah. Come on in, Aria. I'll make us some hot chocolate," Caleb said as Aria exhaled and went in.

Her support system was no longer consisting of a lot of people. Lately, whenever Aria did need advice, she would directly go to Caleb, and he would help her. Yes, it made her relationship with Ella a bit more complicated, but it also caused her to bypass a lot of questions. Caleb had sat down with Aria outside while both of them could feel the tension from a mile away.

"Okay, what is wrong? Usually you come here when you are having a crisis, so how big is it?" Caleb asked as Aria gave him the brochure.

"I didn't know you were considering Brown," Caleb said.

"I wasn't, but Logan gave it to me," Aria said.

"You don't want it?" Caleb asked as Aria shook her head.

"It's not that, but it's far. It's like twelve hours away from here. I'm not sure I want to leave my family just yet. And me and Ella said that we would always go to Charlotte for university," Aria said.

"You and Ella may be best friends, but that doesn't mean you guys have to go to the exact same university," Caleb said.

"She studying English and me studying whatever was always the plan. But not at different colleges," Aria said.

"You don't know what you want to study?" Caleb asked as Aria was hesitant to answer that.

"Maybe," Aria said sipping on her hot chocolate.

"What does that mean?" Caleb asked.

"Before my parents' deaths, I had spoken about studying for an oncologist. I have considered that and I thought if everything works out, I could work alongside my dad, but now I'm not so sure anymore," Aria said.

"Aria, it's your life. Make that decision on your own time," Caleb said.