two

Erica's POV

Erica's POV

"Sooo...this is the gym," Aurora gestures around in front of her.

She tucks some of her dark hair behind her ear and gives me a gentle smile.

Cute.

"Bit of a shithole.." I mumble looking towards the chipped markings on the floor.

"No I agree, one hundred percent," she lets out a giggle at my previous statement, "Believe me, I've always wanted to use the school funds to redecorate this place."

"You should, definitely. Use your role as head girl to your advantage!!" I give her a smirk and tilt my head.

"Hm. Maybe I will. Anyways enough of that, let's get going to our next destination," Aurora shakes her head as if to say 'I will do none of the sort' and exits the gym, leaving me alone.

Rude much, don't you think?
Who keeps twisting her knickers?? Blimey.

I push open the two double doors and she's stood there, readjusting her necklace.

She looks up at me and tells me to follow her.

I obviously do as she says in fear that she will murder me in my sleep.

"Hurry up Erica," Aurora rolls her eyes thinking I don't notice.

"You walk too fast Rora!!"

"Rora? Absolutely not," she faces me in disgust almost.

"Fine. Rory it is."

I've given her a nickname already, I am so truly and utterly fucked.
Shit.

"Just because we're sharing a dorm and i'm giving you a tour out of lesson time, does not make you entitled to give me a nickname thank you very much," Rory sends a glare over my way.

We start walking up the several flights of stairs.

Who builds a school with this amount of stairs?

I am so going to pass out onto my bed later.

"Sorry Rory I have a really short attention span and tuned out everything you just said."

I knew exactly what she said, am I going to listen to her?
No.

She rolls her eyes for the second time and flips me off.

Let me tell you, I gasped, alright.

"Woahh!! Little Miss Head girl just swore at me! Someone get Mrs Miller, we can't have someone like her running around," I place the back of my hand on my forehead and fall back into a random wall.

Her reaction to my dramatic performance was to just stand there.

"Come on, i'm hilarious give me a giggle like you did before."

She blinks.

"This, is the maths block," Rory quickly changes the subject.

"Ew get me out of here, show me the good stuff..like art!!"

"First of all, I'm following Mrs Miller's orders, second..art is awful."

"First of all, of course you are, second..art is brilliant for your information," I say, mocking her.

"I'll take you to the art department if it makes you happy."

"Wait really? I was just messing around you know, we can follow Mrs Miller's orders. Whatever works best!! You are Head girl after all-" I ramble out as i'm interrupted.

"Yeah, it's fine Erica."

The way she says my name, oh my god.

"Cool," I twirl my hair, waiting for her to move.

"Cool," she nods once and pulls on my blazer sleeve, signalling for me to move.

Oh.

We begin to run down the stairs and Rory is finally starting the conversation first.

For some reason I can't actually acknowledge what she is saying though.

This is what being flustered feels like.

We reach the bottom of the staircase and I am suddenly snapped out of my thoughts.

"Erica!! Did you listen to anything I just said?"

"No?"

"I said the teachers in the art department are great but the subject itself is not," she tells me whilst walking through another corridor.

This place is horrendously big.

"Well, I like the subject and I cant stand teachers at all, so we'll see what I make of them."

"Really? You seemed to love Mrs Miller," Aurora says sarcastically.

"You're so funny haha, proper comedian." I say with a straight face.

"I know right."

——————————————————————