eight

Erica's POV

Erica's POV

The four of us are currently in the dining room eating our meals whilst occasionally spilling drinks and throwing food everywhere.

My plan is in action.
Rory seems to be having fun.

Go me.

Seriously, I've been here for 24 hours and I think I've already found my group of people.

"Wyatt!! Look who it is," Leon says, gesturing to a girl twirling the curls in her hair whilst deep in conversation, "Yasmin Windsor! Your cheeky link in nursery."

As he says this, she looks over at us and gives a gentle wave, completely oblivious as to why we've said her name.

"Leon fuck off. It was nursery. There aren't cheeky links in nursery."

"You kissed under the slide. That's saying something," Leon tunes in with, "Back me up you two!"

"Yeahhh, it's 100% a cheeky link if your hooking up in a playground," I respond and give Rory a nudge for her to voice her opinion.

She says nothing and just blinks.
She blinks too much.

Yasmin walks over to our table after waving and muttering a quick goodbye to her friends.

She takes a seat down next to Wyatt and his eyes widen. He attempts to hide his awkwardness but he fails.

I don't think Yasmin noticed.

The two seem to fit together, it's cute.

"Do you mind me sitting here? My friends-," she cuts herself off, "well, so-called friends, are being proper bitchy, no joke."

"It's uhm- it's fine.." Wyatt gives her a shy smile and averts his eyes almost immediately after they make eye contact.

She giggles.

"Cool. So, is this the new girl I've been made all aware of?" Yasmin looks towards me.

"Yeah, I'm Erica."

"Ah nice!! You're in my English right? Did you understand anything Miss was waffling on about?"

"No not really," I laugh and tuck my hair behind my ears.

"Good, me neither. Anyways, I'm Yasmin but you can call me Yaz, whatever works!"

-

We all became quickly familiar with one another, it felt like I'd know these people all my life.

If I could go back in time, and meet all the people that I'd met today, years ago. I would do it in a heartbeat.

That sounds dramatic.

They are great company in a time where I used to feel as though I had nobody.

I think I'm okay here. And part of that is because of Rory.

I'm never saying that to her though.

I was hesitant about coming to this place. Believe me, I'm all for a challenge. But I was terrified, I'll admit.

Now, I'm alright. I think I'm glad I was sent here.

Well, for the time being, that is.

-

Rory and I are at the dorm and she immediately sits down at her desk after getting her pyjamas on and begins whatever work she plans on doing.

I lose interest quickly enough.

It's funny because I've noticed she is more or less, always at her desk. Where as I haven't even looked at mine, until now.

I swear it wasn't there when I moved in.

The plaits in her hair have been removed and have left behind subtle waves.

Pretty.

She grabs a book and opens it on the page with her bookmark in, she kicks her feet up on the desk and falls into her own 'mind world'.

I need to talk.
Like right now.

"What book are you reading?" I lift my head up to see her more clearly.

She jumps and puts a hand to her chest.

"Shit you scared me."

"Answer my question, it's too damn quiet."

"A romance one," Rory responds slyly.

"That helps."

"You wouldn't know, you don't read."

"I could."

"But you don't."

True.

I don't like books. It's all just words on pages. It doesn't quite fit into my head, even if it's considered a type of art. Books set unrealistic expectations and make you believe that you're able to live a life like the characters within.

"You just need to find the right book," she faces me and signals to her bookshelves.

"If you're trying to convince me to read, you're doing a shit job at it."

"Thanks, but who ever said you were going to read it?" she raises her eyebrows at me.

I pull a confused face at her and she flicks back to the first page. Aurora takes a seat on her bed and gestures for me to sit down next to her.

"Fuck no."

"Come on! It'll be fun," she looks enthusiastic about this now.

That's something I've never seen before.
What have I gotten myself into?

I drag myself over to her and flop down next to her.

Fucking hell.

——————————————————————
Note for today:
04.07.22
Sorry this chapter is late, I lost my train of thought for a couple of days.

Thank you all so so so much for 200 reads!! It truly means the world to me:D