thirteen

Aurora's POV

Aurora's POV

All five of us regroup at the local diner in one of the booth tables.

Erica is browsing the menu across from me whilst Leon is yelling down my ear about the sexy waiter who came and asked us what drinks we wanted.

Wyatt and Yaz are huddled together beside Erica who keeps glances at them, trying to hide the smile on her face.

I still have no idea what I want to eat because i'm mostly focusing on how to speak to the waiter.

I hate this.

Erica has her menu now closed and is looking at me, obviously questioning my nervousness.

"You alright?" she whispers.

I nod. Lies.

"Do you want me to order for you? I'm having the pasta if you want the same?"

"Please." I whisper back at her.

She smiles and looks away, focusing on the others' conversation which is still about the sexy waiter.

"He has curly hair!! I wanna stroke it and play with it," Leon sighs.

"I think we can all see that," Wyatt mumbles.

"I have curly hair, wanna come and stroke mine?" Yaz responds twirling the strands of her hair.

"You're too female for me woman."

We all laugh until we are interrupted for our orders.

Erica kept her promise and ordered for me.

"Can we have two lots of the pasta, I don't know how to pronounce it but this one please," she points to one on the menu.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Anytime Rory."

The rest of us ordered with Leon taking the longest so he could have a deep conversation with the waiter.

The food was served and quickly eaten leaving no room for dessert and we all left the restaurant, well all except one.

Leon wanted the waiter's number if that wasn't obvious from the curly hair discussion.

"GUYS!! I got it, I got his number! His name is AJ which is like the hottest name in the world," he screamed at us whilst running out of the doors.

I'm pretty sure the entire restaurant heard, but Leon has little to no self awareness.

"You're gonna be the first one out of our group to officially leave the nest," Erica pouts and giggles.

"I'm such a big boy, if you get what i'm saying," he smirks.

"Well actually," Wyatt begins to say before he looks down at Yaz and is given a quick kiss on the lips.

Holy shit.

Honestly, I was expecting them to never confess their feelings. I'm glad they did.

Wyatt currently looks like a blushing idiot.

Our faces are saying everything right now.

"What the actual fuck is going on?"

"When did this happen?"

Leon is catching flies with his mouth wide open whilst Erica and I interrogate the pair.

"When Erica and you went to the book shop and we went off to look inside the pet store," Yaz explains, reaching out to grab Wyatt's hand.

"I knew you weren't looking at the goldfish for a whole twenty minutes!!"

-

After the newly announced couple showed us far too much PDA, we decided to head back to the dorms and call it a day.

I think today was a core memory for me and I don't think I've ever had as much fun in my entire existence.

But with fun comes exhaustion and my social battery is now drained.

Erica seems to understand as she lets me lie down without bothering me.

She's painting something facing me so I can't see. A variation of colours sprawled across her palette which do not help me guess what the painting is of.

I'll just wait for her to show me.

She's concentrated in her work with her hair tied back in a low ponytail and I don't think she's realised the bits of paint smeared across her face which makes me laugh.

I don't think I've noticed how pretty Erica truly is.

Jealousy? I don't think so.

I'm not sure what this feeling is but I'm enjoying it sticking around.

"What are you looking at Rory?" Erica says without lifting her face up to look at me.

"You."

Where had this sudden confidence come from?

"I'm flattered, but I'm not that interesting darling."

Darling.

Why is my heart beating really fast?

"I say otherwise."

She shakes her head at me and responds with, "You're being rather bold today. What's happened?"

"I think I'm high off too much social interaction."

"Makes sense, go get some rest," she laughs at my remark.

"No."

"I'll wake you up in time for dinner," Erica suggests.

"Fine, just give me a minute."

I grab my pyjamas and change in the bathroom and quickly brush my hair.

I dive back into the comfort of my bedsheets and almost fall asleep before I hear Erica say goodnight.
——————————————————————
Note for today:
30.08.22
I am genuinely sorry for not updating like I promised😭😭

I've been on holiday to disney and have been exhausted. This is just a quick chapter to keep you all sane.

School starts again in a week and I am mortified to say the least.

YAZ AND WYATT!!!

love you all thank uuuu<33