sixteen

Erica's POV

Erica's POV

Yet again, I'm being aggressively poked awake from my sleep.

Deja vu.
Miss Olivia Rodrigo really put her heart and soul into that song.

"Get up idiot. I have major leg cramp," Rory whispers into my ear. I mumble out a quick "Huh?" repositioning myself on her lap.

"I'm also dehydrated as fuck, so if you mind moving that would be fantastic."

"Shut up. Five more minutes."

"No, get up. We're being watched, I sure hope you're paranoid right now."

With that, I shot up to see Yaz, Wyatt and Leon smiling at me, still in their seats from earlier.

Leon whisper-shouts at me, "Hello sleeping beauty!"

"Thank fuck for that, Aurora might have needed a leg amputation if you were asleep any longer," Yaz joked.

Rory didn't get to hear her remark as she's already marched out of the gym, in search for the drink station in the dining room.

"Erica, can you help us vote for the next movie?" Leon asked, before diving onto our inflatable mattress.

"Yeah, just..give me a couple of minutes, I need to do something," I say, standing up and stumbling over all the blankets

Wyatt and Yaz are smirking at me whilst Leon is in the midst of persuading them to watch his movie choice, but they tuned off almost instantly.

Why are they looking at me like that?

I shake the thought out of my mind and made my way across the school, towards the dining room in search of Aurora.

I fix my hair in the reflection of the glass windows beside me, for no apparent reason.

The cafeteria is empty except for one person with her back to me in the pure darkness.

"Hi."

Her cup of water drops to the floor and I chuckle and put a hand to my mouth.

"Shit. Why the fuck would you do that, my poor water."

"It was a perfect opportunity, I have to admit," I say, grabbing a couple of paper towels and cleaning up.

"You know, they were serving hot chocolate and fruit shoots whilst you were asleep, I'm quite sad that I didn't get either one."