0.3 migraine

josh's pov

I rejoined the crew to finish my coffee and thought about headed back to the bus afterwards. I decided I shouldn't worry about anything that just happened because I don't even know the situation... I shouldn't be inquisitive.

Tyler texted us to get ready for rehearsals. I looked up from my phone to see Melody return inside the coffee shop. I instantly return a smile she sent me. "Hey friend," she said as she pulled me for a hug, "Saw you creeping a while back. Thought I'd return to... tell you... about... all that." She faintly laughed. Embarrassed, I did the same. "Sorry, I didn't mean to listen on but curiosity got the best of me."

The guys went on without me. I had told them I was going to be a while. Melody went on.

"So, here's the thing. Michael's not exactly who he claims to be. He has... a different personality. One time he's Michael, the next he's "Blake." Michael never hurt me. Michael's been nothing but genuine and very kind to me, in fact. It's Blake who I'm referring to. Blake is a very aggressive person. When Michael is drunk, Blake comes out. He sort of... did this to me." She revealed the bruises around her abdomen. All I could do was hug her tightly. Why did no one stop Michael from drinking to prevent Blake from ever appearing?

She begin to sob in my shoulders, "Michael was always so great to me but he doesn't believe he's Blake and I have to protect myself. He doesn't stop when I tell him to and... I was terrified. I was tired of everything."

"You're alright, you're okay. I'm here for you, now. Always."

"Thank you, Josh. A Lot. For the talks, they mean the world."

"Of course. See you later tonight?"

"Like I said, wouldn't miss it for anything."

Josh wiped Melody's tears as she gave him a sweet smile. They exchanged numbers and said their See You Laters.

Rehearsals. Show time. Bang on the drums. Backflip. Bang on them some more. Same old, same new. The energy at each venue is so different. We played here yesterday but today, it seems so much more energetic. I tried looking for Melody in the crowd but no luck. But, maybe I'm just over looking for her.

"We are Twenty One Pilots and so are you," Tyler ended the show. We headed back to the bus. Last day here in California. I sighed at my thoughts thinking of what the future holds.

"Hey, Josh. Wasn't that one girl coming to see you?" "Yeah, Melody. She should be here."

I shoot her a text but no response.

A few of the clique came out to see us at the bus. We signed and talked for a bit but yet, no Melody.

I had a weird feeling in my stomach.
I laid back on the couch and flipped through channels. I quickly stood up on my feet and couldn't believe what I saw.

"Nineteen-year-old, Melody Matthews found dead at the scene earlier this afternoon heading home."

-

i'm a horrible person, i know, i know. wowza. what a plot twist this came out to be. i literally wrote today so i apologize if it's a bit messy. i told y'all i was going to update today, so here it is. i hope you enjoy the run, it's going to get very hectic.