0.6 semi-automatic

The very next day, Melody woke up in her bed with her head in someone's chest. Lifting her head, she rubbed her eyes and her vision became clearer. Josh. She sat up and noticed she was still in the same clothes as yesterday. She grabbed her phone that was on her night stand, it was 11 am. Usually, Alice would've woken her up earlier for breakfast. She began to sob quietly at the thought of her mother. She then stopped when she noticed Josh shifting away from her. She wiped her eyes and buried her face in the nape of his neck. Tensing up, Josh was about to nudge her gently due to him being uncomfortable until he felt moisture on his neck, followed my small hiccuping. Gently turning so he could face her, he wrapped his arms around her, giving her forehead his lips. He grabbed her hand and their fingers intertwined.

"I'm here, I'm here." Josh said softly.

She knew. She quietly nodded in relief, feeling safe and secured.

Ever since she graduated, no one had kept in contact. Josh was her only friend at this moment and that was all that she needed.

Melody decided to get up and take a nice, cold shower. Josh was hungry so he decided to cast for food in the kitchen.

Melody shampooed her hair for the third time, incognizant of what she was doing, just thinking. She was nineteen, going to be twenty in the next month, how would she be able to be happy again without her dear mother? She was so upset. She finally rinsed off and got dressed into pj shorts and a tank top. She walked to the kitchen, only to find Josh baking pancakes. She smiled and slightly laughed.

"Hey, if you want me to take over, you can go get cleaned up if you want, I have clothes and stuff... from Michael." Melody said.

Startled, Josh turned her way and smiled, "Yeah, okay, sure, thank you for... everything."

Melody was satisfied with the amount of pancakes she'd made. Josh's phone began ringing. Tyler. Maybe it was important and Josh is still in the restroom. She slid her finger across the screen, answering the phone call.

"Josh, where are you? We need to get going tonight, we've rescheduled the show but we have to get to Arizona tomorrow." Tyler said concerned.

"Hi, it's Melody, Josh's in the bathroom right now. Um, I'll tell him everything when he comes back?"

A silence built up like as if Tyler were a parent planning to lecture their child.

"No, it's fine. Just please ask Josh to get a hold of me as soon as possible, thanks." Tyler responded, immediately hanging up.

Josh came in shirtless with a pair of black pants, with a confused look on his face.

"I was just uh, Tyler called and he needs to talk to you, asap." Melody said with a shaky voice, giving the phone to Josh before quickly walking to her bedroom.

melody's pov

Everything's going to be okay, of course he had to leave soon, but it will be okay. He's in Twenty One Pilots for god's sake. It's not like he was going to stay with you forever...

I laid down and closed my eyes before I started to cry again. I was tired of crying. I didn't like crying. I was tired. Just then, Josh came in and lied down next to me. He put his arms around me and opened his mouth.

"Go on tour with me."

"Josh, I can't just go on tour with you. I just-"

Josh leaned forward and pressed his lips on mine. I was surprised at first, but eventually kissed him back, my lips moving softly against his.

"Will you please explore all the different cities with me?" He smiled widely.

"Of course, I will. Wouldn't miss it for anything." I laughed.

"Get to packing, Arizona show is tomorrow! I'll be back for you. I have to go meet up with Tyler and the guys."

I nodded, signaling him it was fine.

Once the door closed, I sighed.

How the hell did I get myself into this?

Josh made everything okay, even if things weren't always okay.

[buzz buzz]
Text: Josh 💓🍗
"Hey, Come outside."

I smiled at the text and grabbed my luggage. I turned off the lights and locked the door, turning around and seeing the same tour bus I've encountered before. Tyler and Josh came out and greeted me.

"It's going to be so amazing having you with us." Josh cheered.

"It really is." Tyler half-smiled.

I got settled in. Arizona, here we come.

I got my own bunk and everything. Everything was going pretty great. I unlocked my phone to a few messages on Twitter from old friends about my mom. I really appreciated the love that was coming my way. Then, I checked my profile, I've gained 3,000 followers since the last time I've checked Twitter, What? I checked my mentions and they were all mentions of Josh and/or pictures of us from me leaving the tour bus, to the coffee shop, to pictures of Josh comforting me into my house?! This is insane.

I took screenshots and sent them to Josh 💓🍗.

josh's pov

Text: Mel 💓☕️
"What do you think I should do about this?"

To: Mel 💓☕️
"I don't know about you, but I'm gonna post a pic of me and you, how about this one?"

I sent her one I took of when she fell asleep on me when we got home from the hospital. She was exhausted but still so beautiful. I posted it on instagram, captioning it "This is the most wonderful girl I've ever met. She's so beautiful, even when she's asleep. 💓☕️" before she could even respond. The comments were mostly "MOM AND DAD" or "you guys are too cute" which made me relieved. She knows too much. She knows more about me than Tyler does. When I'm with her it's just different.

She's opened up my eyes.

-

helloooooo, lovebugs!! I am back from vacation, lol. :-) This summer has been going really great, tbh. How's yours? What did you think of this chapter? I thought it was the cutest ever. Do you ship Melosh? haha, thanks muchas for reading.
ALSO if u caught the 🍗 and ur probs wondering why a chicken leg, well it's a drumstick, duh. THESE ARE THE JOKES PEOPLE. haha, it just made sense to me.
stay rad, my friends!!