VIII: The First Incident

(A/N: Thank you so much for 500+ reads and 50+ votes on this story (: <3 -vaasifir)

Y/N's POV:

"It's time that I tell you about the first incident that was remembered by Nayeon."

I was speechless and my whole body shook from the shock that this whole ordeal gave to me. It hasn't even been a whole week and the first event was already happening?  My mind went all over the place as I tried to think of all of the possible events that could've been the first incident.

All of the tiredness that I felt minutes ago had disappeared almost instantaneously once Zadkiel had told me that that the first incident was about to occur. Why occur now when I was just getting used to this world?

"Now Y/N, remember. I'm not telling you exactly when this incident will happen. I'm only telling you WHAT the incident was. Do you understand?"

"Uh huh..."

"This incident could happen at any moment. Some incidents had occurred the day after I warned them while other incidents took weeks or even months to occur."

"..."

"Now Y/N... the moment you've been waiting for. This is the first incident remembered by Nayeon..."

—————————————————

The First Incident: 'Abandonment'

Abandonment.  How can you tell when something is abandoned?

Abandonment is a strong word that one could use to describe the vile act of leaving something behind.

Some people abandon property when they don't want to or can take care of it.  Others may abandon their religion if they believe that their morale is being compromising by the teachings of their faith.  In the general sense, abandonment is a horrible and sinful thing.  Maybe abandonment is used to escape some sort of responsibility or maybe it's used to escape something else...

But couldn't abandonment also be applied to people themselves? People can be abandoned too, right?  People that are abandoned by others are often called 'derelicts.'  Abandonment impairs the derelicts' ability to trust others and to also depend on others as well.  As a result, abandonment can unhinge and hinder the foundation of a healthy and strong relationship between two people...

9 Years Ago...

After you two had made your relationship official at Nayeon's house, you two were quite inseparable.  You two would always go everywhere with each other.  It didn't matter if it was the cafeteria or to the mall, you two were always walking hand in hand. 

After 47 days of meeting her, you had found out that she was a JYP trainee when you had accidentally heard her practice in one of the school's music rooms.  You were so supportive of her dreams and helped her in any way that you could. 

One day, Nayeon wanted to ask you something as you two were hanging out on the roof during break time.

"Hey Y/N?"  You turned your head towards Nayeon and waited for her question.  "Could you do something for me please?"

You were a bit thrown off by her question, but nevertheless you nodded your head.  After all, Nayeon was your girlfriend and you'd do anything for her.  Nayeon twiddled her thumbs for a bit before she spoke up once more.

"Could you please walk me to and from the JYP building?  My parents are worried that something could happen to me, you know?"

"Well, yeah.  Of course, I can."  Hearing your words, Nayeon smiled and you enveloped her into a hug.  She smelled so sweet and you felt like you were in euphoria.  For Nayeon, you'd do anything for her.  She just meant that much to you.