X: Antihero

A/N: Apologies.  I was on vacation to celebrate my birthday.

Thank you for 900+ reads and 100+ votes!  I'm glad that you like my story. <3

I hope that this chapter was worth the long wait... enjoy.

—————————————————

Antihero: A hero who lacks the typical heroic qualities.  A flawed being that saves the day through unordinary resolves.  Someone who achieves their goals using any tactics by all means possible.

Y/N's POV:

I don't understand what I did to deserve this.

Just watching them act like this felt like sheer torture. If I had stayed and watched them any longer, I think that I'd really gone insane.  I'm not sure what possessed me at this moment.  Perhaps it was anger?  Or maybe it's jealousy. 

Well whatever it is, I know that it's clouding my judgment. It was like the universe hated me or something. Every time I saw her and him together, my heart would break little by little. Something inside me just snapped as I saw them across the table being all lovey-dovey.

How could Nayeon do these things? Watching her do all these things with Sangwook reminded me of us... and it hurt like hell to see her like that... What about us? What about the times we had?

In the heat of the moment, I just grabbed Jihyo's hand as I stood at the table. Jihyo was shocked, to say the least; she shot me a 'what are you doing?' look but I didn't care. What was I exactly seeking at this moment? I knew that this Nayeon didn't feel the same way as I did for her. Would it really change anything if I did this? Probably not.

But who gives a fuck now? Even if Nayeon doesn't feel the same way as me in this world, I wanted to give her a taste of her own poison. I have had enough of the poison that she was unknowingly serving to me.

To see someone that you pined for with another, that's the worst thing that one could suffer from. And when they did it inadvertently, that just made the wound more painful.

"C'mon Jihyo. I'll take you to your practice," I pulled her a bit closer to me; the god herself had flushed cheeks as she shyly nodded at my orders.

Before I left, I wanted to check to see if I had made Nayeon feel what I had felt when I saw her with Sangwook. Looking over to the table, I saw a subtle look of hurt on her face. Damn. It's not even subtle when I look at it actually. That pained expression was conspicuous honestly. To see her like that, I guess I did enough to her that she felt ATLEAST a modicum of the pain that I felt.

Even though I had wanted this outcome, I wasn't even satisfied with it. In fact, I was disappointed with myself. This isn't like me at all. Just what was I doing now? Why am I acting like this? And where was my conscience in all of this?

From my fucked-up reasoning to defend my demented action, I nearly forgot a cardinal rule that was told to me beforehand.

'Don't be misled by the memories of your previous life and don't let it influence your choices.'

This blind judgment and my unclear actions were the exact results of my memories' misleadings. Zadkiel was correct. It's easier than I had thought to lose myself in this reality.

I couldn't apologize to her now. How could I after I caused that little scene? And I had dragged Jihyo into this mess too. Since I announced to everyone that I'd take Jihyo to practice, I guess I will still do that. It's the least that I could do for her.