Ch. 1

A/N
Hi all who clicked on this story. Thank you for having interest enough to read.
This is my first published work as well as my first 1 x 4 fanfiction. I'm basically starting this from scratch right here, and making it up as I go, so bear with me and I apologise if it's bad. I plan on posting a chapter a day, but I can't keep promises. Also, constructive criticism and positive feedback is appreciated. Now, enjoy 😅💗
________________________________

"Can you move any slower?" Numbuh 4 shouted from behind Numbuh 5 frustratingly. They seemed to be crawling at a snails pace, and he was last in line.

Currently, they were on a reconnaissance mission to find out what the teenagers were up to. The teens had been acting unusually secretive lately and Sector V was sent by Numbuh 86 to investigate.

The team had slid into an air vent and we're now crawling in the tight space, making their way to where they thought the headquarters were.

Numbuh 5 turned around to face Numbuh 4.
"I think Numbuh 5 wants you to shut up and quit complaining!" Annoyed, she turned back and kept shuffling along.
"But it's hot in here! And cramped! And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die of boredom soon." Numbuh 4 said dramatically. Numbuh 5 simply rolled her eyes and kept moving. Numbuh 4 grumbled and glared at the back of her head.
The team kept crawling in silence until they came to a fork in the vents.

"Hmm..." Numbuh 1 stopped at the front of the line and closed his eyes in concentration. He'd thought back to the map he'd been given to memorize of the teenagers hideout.
Suddenly, he pointed to the right and said, "That way." The others nodded and crawled to the right, behind their leader.

Numbuh 4 paused and watched the 'slowpokes' descend into the right vent. He smirked and turned left, quickening his pace. He was sure he'd get nowhere crawling behind those snails.

A few minutes later, he saw a dim light at the end of the tunnel, and excitedly quickened his pace toward it.
I'm a genius. Wallabee thought proudly as he moved closer to the vent opening.

He neared the edge and stopped when he heard voices.
He heard one with an awkward and anxious voice with a considerable amount of voice cracks, and the second voice was loud and demanding, and sounded a bit familiar to the blonde.

He kept trying to listen in, but he couldn't make out any words. He scooted closer and put his ear to the vent opening. He leaned a bit too much on top of the air vent opening and it came right off. The lid came down with a horrific 'clang'. Numbuh 4 felt his heart drop as he fell down not long after it. He fell on his side with an "oof" and tried not to cringe in pain.

He quickly looked up to see a brittle looking nerd in a lab coat with red hair and large glasses, and then he saw him. Former Numbuh 274. The traitor.
Numbuh 4 took a fighting stance and glared nervously at Chad.

"Well well well, if it isn't stupid little Numbuh 4. What do you think you're doing here shorty?" Chad looked at the boy with a menacing grin.

____________
And that's it for chapter 1. I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote and give some feedback 😋