Ch. 3

________________________________

As Chad was in the middle of tying up Numbuh 4, he heard the thudding of footsteps coming from down the hall
"Ugh, those brats must be coming. C'mon Tim, we gotta get outta here." He ran to the corner of the room and pressed a button, with Tim on his tail. They stood next to eachother as tubes came down and they were sucked underground.

Nigel and the others made it to an open door where they saw a bit of blonde hair sticking out.
Nigel turned the corner and saw Wally with a rope and shards of glass lying on top of him. He quickly swept the glass off and tossed the rope to the side.

He turned Numbuh 4 over and shook his shoulder lightly. "Hey, Numbuh 4? Are you alright?" He paused before shaking him again. "Numbuh 4, wake up!"
Suddenly, he saw the shorter boy's green eyes flutter open. He noticed a few cuts and looked Numbuh 4 in the eyes.
"Are you okay, Numbuh 4?"

The blonde looked up at Nigel with heart eyes (though, unbeknownst to numbuh 1 XD) and sat up before swinging his arms around his leader's neck.
"Numbuh 1! You came to save me!" He smiled and hugged tighter.

"What happened here?" Asked Numbuh 5, examining the complete and utter mess of the lab.
Numbuh 2, Numbuh 3, and Numbuh 5 were walking around the room and kicking at some of the broken shards of glass on the floor.

"Let's go guys. We have to treat Numbuh 4's cuts. We can continue the investigation after." Nigel said over Numbuh 4's shoulder. He tried to stand up but Wallabee wasn't letting go.
"Um, Numbuh 4, you can let go now."
Wally looked up at him bashfully and put his hands behind his back.
"W-whatever you say, Numbuh 1."

What's with Numbuh 4? Nigel thought strangely as he and the team headed back outside to their ship.

---

They got back to the treehouse and went inside.

Numbuh 1 headed towards the medical room, with Numbuh 4 surprisingly clinging to his arm with a smile. He felt his heart pounding a bit from the closeness, and decided not to say anything. What's with Numbuh 4..? He thought once again.

They entered the room and Nigel got Wally to sit on the cot while he got out the first-aid kit. While Nigel dug around in the shelf, he couldn't help but notice Numbuh 4 staring at him.
He grabbed the kit and walked toward Numbuh 4. The blonde looked away shyly as Nigel set the box down.

What the hell's wrong with me? Wallabee thought with a red face.
It's like I can't even control myself!

"Okay, stay still. This might sting a little."
Numbuh 1 dabbed a cotton ball in ointment and pressed it on one of the cuts. He noted the small hissing sound his subordinate made, and tried to be a little gentler. He continued until he had one left. He reached the cotton towards Numbuh 4's face when he noticed something. A pink drop of liquid near Wally's eyebrow. He swiped it off with his fingertip and examined it. What's this? He thought.
He dabbed his finger onto a small square glass and carefully wiped off the liquid. He put it on the counter for later, and returned to the blonde.

Numbuh 1 then finished up the cuts and put small, white Band-Aids on them. "There. Now we can–"
Numbuh 1 looked at Numbuh 4 strangely before continuing.
"Why is your face red? Do you have a fever?" He asked as he pressed his palm onto Numbuh 4's flushed forehead. The blonde blushed harder and said quietly,
"Well... I... I-it's because you're face is so close..." He looked down at his lap and played with his fingers.

Numbuh 1 looked at him dumbfounded, and felt his own face flush. Suddenly he remembered the pink liquid he found on Numbuh 4's face and became suspicious. He then proceeded to awkwardly clear his throat and told Numbuh 4 to wait there.

He grabbed the little square glass with the drop and walked quickly to the science lab. He placed it under a microscope and adjusted the lens accordingly. He looked through the lens and almost fainted when he saw it.

Love bugs.

____________
Thank you for reading so far. Don't forget to vote! ⭐️