Ch. 8

A/N
Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry about the slow updates. Also, in this chapter, depending on how you perceive it, there may or may not be some foreshadowing. Hehehe... But I'm not that sure it'll be very obvious, so maybe I'm saying this for nothing. And please tell me if you notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, thanks.
Enjoy! 💗
________________________________

     They had stepped inside the treehouse as the elevator doors automatically slid closed behind them. Numbuh 1 wasted no time and ran to where they kept their 2x4 technology vehicles. The brit stopped in front of the door and tapped in the passcode on the wall mounted padlock.
A green light, a click, and an open door followed.

Nigel took one step in and glided his hand against the cool, smooth wall, and flipped the light switch.
The bright and familiar fluorescent lights above them flickered on with a hum. Numbuh 4 stepped in beside his leader in anticipation to follow, which he did when Numbuh 1 walked toward the illustrious C.O.O.L.B.U.S.

The taller boy quickly opened the door and walked in, then turned his head slightly to see Wally. He was behind him, and looked as if he wanted to say something, but was too nervous.

Numbuh 1 was intentionally silent as he prepared the ship by himself. Thankful for his sunglasses, he managed to sneak glances at the blonde, who was stood in the entryway, furrowing his brows in worry.
Nigel sighed, he knew it wasn't his fault, but he couldn't help but feel guilty that he had ruined the moment.

I'll probably never get another chance.

He started toward the front seat to start the bus, but suddenly, Wallabee had grabbed onto his sleeve tightly.

"W-wait, Numbuh 1. Don't... Don't you think it's a trap? I mean, why else would the teenagers let her contact us?"
Numbuh 4 uttered, as he bore into Numbuh 1's eyes with laced innocence.

Numbuh 1 raised his eyebrows in surprise. They hadn't spoken to eachother the entire time, and he hadn't expected it to happen so soon. He quickly regained his composure and turned to the Australian.
"Yes, of course it's a trap. But we don't really have any options right now."

Nigel moved to turn back to the seat, but felt the other boy pull him back by his arm. He faced the shorter boy in confusion, and immediately noticed a different atmosphere.

The blonde boy wore a pleading face, and his emerald eyes had a misty, seductive look to them.
Wally clasped his hand to his cheek softly, as he looked between Nigel's eyes and his lips.
"Wouldn't you rather do... Something else?" The boy said, as he placed his other hand on the brit's arm, his enticing demeanor unwavering.

Nigel stared at Wally wide-eyed, and proceeded to turn bright red. He began to sweat, and gulped as he continued to gaze into those deep, mesmerizing eyes in front of him. Gazing... Gazing... Straight into the deep, pools of green that had never looked so tempting before.

So far from reality as he stared, he hadn't even noticed his or Wally's heads moving slowly towards eachother.
That was when his watch alarm went off with a sudden ring. The brit snapped out of it immediately, and blinked a few times to adjust his eyes. He pulled away from the blonde and shut the alarm off.
He stood thinking for a second.

How... How did I lose focus like that? And just by looking into Numbuh 4's eyes..?

Baffled by what just happened, he shook his head in order to shake away his clouded mind.

He looked away from Numbuh 4.
"Wallabee... We can't do this right now. We have a mission, and our team is in trouble." Nigel said slowly, trying not to upset the shorter boy.
Wallabee just looked down, and nodded his head. He turned away and cleared his throat.

"Yeah... I understand, boss."

Numbuh 4 walked over to the bus seat and sat down, his hands clasped together on his lap.

Finally, all the stupid lovey-dovey stuff is over. This cruddy love spell... I think I'm catching on to what it's for.
Wally thought with surprising perception.

Nigel took his last glance at the other boy before sitting down and pressing 'Start'.

____________
As always, vote if you liked it ⭐️ ʕ •́؈•̀)
(Next chapter will probably be next month)