1| ...One Club

-

-

The thundering music of Serina's death trap choice of a nightclub pounds in my ears. Why she thought going clubbing would be a smart waste of time on a Wednesday night is beyond me. Yet, I tend to not question her reasons, and she did promise that I would be able to forget.

That's what this night is about. This night is a time for washing away all the painful memories of my terrible past decisions.

Even if my best friend's ways are that of a notorious party girl; even if those ways may end up causing me a lot of trouble, and even if I may end the night puking my guts out in some nasty cum-covered bathroom. Honestly, at this point, I'll do anything for one night of peace.

Okay, maybe not anything. I wouldn't sleep with a stranger. That's where I draw the line. STDs are a thing after all.

I take a deep breath before downing the shot of tequila Serina placed in my hand moments ago. My face scrunches sourly at the taste as the liquid burns my throat on its way down, filling my empty stomach with its fire. Maybe skipping lunch was a bad idea.

"There's my girl!" Serina shouts into my ear, a huge smile on her face, "Thought I lost you!"

I offer her a small smile in return, not matching her boisterous energy at all. Though, that does little to sway her mood as she gulps down four more tequila shots before handing me another. It's like the liquor doesn't phase her, no reaction to the fire like me.

"Drink up babydoll, the night has just begun!" She says, her words slurring together. Okay, she still reacts somewhat.

I take the shot with little hesitation. This time the liquid doesn't burn as much. Instead of watering my eyes like the one before, it goes down with only a little fire. Serina's brown eyes are wild as they watch me finish the shot. She cheers for me afterward like the supportive, crazy, friend she is.

"Do you feel the haze yet?" She asks.

"Kind of, my hands feel tingly," I reply.

She smirks, a restless glint in her eye, "Then you need to drink more."

She flags the bartender down for another round. He complies happily, a flirtatious smile on his lips as he looks at Serina. She eyes him with hunger, most likely planning how to leave the club with him later. When she's locked on a target there is no stopping her. I almost feel bad for the poor guy, he has no idea what's in store for him. With her track record, it's bound to be something that has him questioning his reality.

Serina hands me the five shots that the bartender poured for her, "Drink!"

I look down at the overfilled shot glasses, this time hesitant to drink the liquid, "Uh- I don't know-

"Oh c'mon Rosy! I promised you would have fun. Drink up!" She insists, her brown eyes giving me that puppy-dog look. The look that she always does when she wants to do something "fun"her definition of fun and mine, are vastly different, practically on opposite sides of the spectrum.