4| ...One Assignment

-

-

"So, let me get this straight," Serina takes a deep breath, her eyes shut tight as she repeats what I just told her, "You got kidnapped by a handsome stranger but it turned out he's actually not a kidnapper, and he took you home after playing a card game with a girl that had purple eyes and then he asked you out on a date?" Serina finishes, her hands raised in the air as she opens her eyes to look at me in shock.

I nod, recalling the events of today, "Pretty much, yeah."

She scoffs, rubbing the inner corners of her eyes in tire, "The audacity of men, I swear."

When we finished walking through Alastair's ginormous castle he then asked me out to an event he will be hosting, and given the state of curiosity I was in, of course, I accepted. Which now that I think about it, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK WAS I THINKING? Not much, that's for damn sure. I have never been so--bothered--by a man so beautiful, it threw me completely off my game.

After I accepted, quite eagerly might I add, he brought me to a car that was waiting for us. The car was a sleek SUV, black in color, and had someone in the driver's waiting for us--a chauffeur I think. When we got inside the car he told me to tell the chauffeur where we would be going and then we never spoke a word to each other again.

During the entire car ride to my apartment, there was silence, a mix of awkward and comfortable if that's even possible. I made sure to take note of his home being about an hour and thirty minutes outside of the city. Only lush forests and no other houses in sight. It was odd but also very calming. Then, once we entered the city my apartment was only a thirty-minute drive. His house was two hours away from mine.

Stuck in a silent car with no music would usually drive me insane, but the ride to the city was so pretty I only focused on the forest and before I knew it we made it to our destination. Plus, my thoughts took up most of my attention. I zoned out for the majority of the drive, running the drunken memories of last night threw my mind again in case I missed any important details.

As I did that, it just made everything seem more bizarre. I've never seen someone's eyes shift in color like that before, it's not something humans are capable of. To top off the impossible, no one just falls asleep on command and there is no way I am buying into that hypnotist bullshit.

There's only one plausible answer. Is Alastair secretly an alien from outer space? That would explain his annoyingly good looks, out of this world. It'd be stupid to believe humans are the only life out there in such a vast universe. Wait. Does this make me a conspiracy theorist? Should I start investing in tin foil?

Once we arrived at my apartment complex Alastair opened the car door for me like a true gentleman. He wished me a good day and apologized again for all the strangeness and the questions he failed to answer properly. He gave me a card that had his number on it in case I wanted to contact him again.