12 | Free Booze

I huffed in annoyance, looking at the stacks of paperwork my boss had just placed on my desk. This is what my brother was talking about when he said I was too stressed about work. My boss loves me for some reason and she always relies on me to complete all of the important stuff, hence the paper work. I'm the social media specialist for the company Trivago but my boss makes me do way more than just manage their social medias. She makes me write scripts for future advertisements, complete paper work that the other useless workers don't know how to do, my boss's words not mine, and run errands for her.

"You know what you need" I looked up at my co-worker, Jessie, "a huge drink. Boss has been putting piles of paper on your desk for the past week. Once you're done with those, go to a bar and have some fun."

I sighed in my seat, placing my palm over my forehead. That's the thing Jessie. If I was to get a drink I would also see him. Jessie is the second person to tell me to stop stressing my self out from work and the second person to tell me to go to that damn party—involuntarily of course. I wasn't sure what to do at this point. As the week went by and the more paper that was being stacked up onto my desk, the more appealing that party became to be, but I was still unsure whether to go or not. He would be there and I don't want to see him. I'm too stubborn to let him think that I wanted to go to a place he invited me to.

Is that too petty?

Surely not..

I could always avoid him.. the house is probably really big, assuming his friend is another rich footballer, so it can give me lots of space to run away from him.

There is also free booze..

but he will be there..

I mean there was always the alternative option and go to a bar..

but free booze...

Do I hate him that much that I would refuse free booze?

Well..I guess not...

Fine.

——————————

I glanced down at my phone for the 5th time to check if it was the correct address

I glanced down at my phone for the 5th time to check if it was the correct address. It was obvious by the pounding music that I was where I was supposed to be but a girl could always be sure. The party was hosted at a huge house. I was expecting something big but this was on the verge of becoming a mansion. My almost miniature apartment felt like a toilet cubicle compared to this.

I entered the house to be met with an overbearing amount of people. I wasn't sure what I expected when I was invited to a famous footballer's party. Loads of girls were clinging and dancing with other guys desperate for their attention—or money by the looks of it. They wore tight dresses that hugged their body, protruding their curves and excessive amounts of makeup that probably took hours to perfect. I looked like a homeless person compared to them and thought about scolding Mount for not giving me a dress code. But he didn't know I was coming anyway so..