CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24: THE PROMISE OF TWO HEARTS

In the park, Rika is sitting one of the rock while staring at the sunset.

"There you are." The voice said. Rika look back and saw Takato smiling at her.

"I've been looking for you for a while." Takato smiled then Rika smile back.

"I just want to clear my mind and feel a short peace from the events happening now." Rika smiled. Takato walk towards her and sit down next to her.

"What about you why are you here?" Rika asked then Takato stared at the sunset and take a deep breath.

"You could say i want the same thing too." Takato said, Rika nod and stared at the sunset.

"The sunset is very pretty today." Takato said.

"Yeah..." Rika replied before she bow her head.

"Takato..." Rika called then Takato look at her.

"Yeah?" Takato asked.

"About what happened today." Rika whispered then Takato tilt his head.

"What about it?" Takato asked.

"I'm sorry." Rika apologize but Takato know what she was apolozing for but he just smiled at her.

"You don't have to apologize Rika. It's not your fault." Takato said.

"I know but... It's just, if I'm strong enough to stop it. I wouldn't have hurt you all." Rika said.

"But you're strong enough Rika, pretty strong. You just off guard so that's why it managed to come out." Takato said.

"Black said to me one thing that shocked me." Rika said then Takato look at her.

"Really what is it?" Takato asked.

"He said to me that he couldn't hurt me because I'm reminding someone who's once really important to him." Rika said to him that shocked Takato.

"What? Someone important to him?" Takato asked then Rika nod.

"He also said to me that he once a happy man but one tragedy snapped him to become evil." Rika said.

"I wonder what it is that even lead him to the darkness." Takato said then Rika look down.

"Takato i don't know what to do. All of this happening. Black and the D-reaper, who's inside me and probably evolving now. It so strong now to consume my body. Now what will happened next time i lose control. I may destroy all of you." Rika whispered.

"Rika don't say that. It won't happened." Takato said to her then Rika look at him with angry face.

"How can you be sure?! How can you be sure that it won't happened huh?! How can you be sure the next time i lose control i will managed to go back?! Takato i know your ambition is good but there are things you can't control!!! Things that no matter what you do you can't stop! So stop saying that it won't happened, so how! How can you be so sure that it won't happened again huh?! How!!!" Rika shouted, Takato just stared at her and look at the sunset.

"Rika look at the sunset. It's about to get down and soon the night will come right?" Takato asked.

"That doesn't answer my question!" Rika said to him then Takato look at her.

"When it's night, you can't see anything right? So that's why we have a moon to guide us in our way." Takato said.

"What are you trying to say?" Rika asked.

"I just want to say no matter how dark the night is there's always way to go back. So whenever you walk alone in the night i would be the moon to guide you." Takato said.