Chapter 8

Since it's Sunday, meaning no art class. I tried to sleep in for a bit longer. The keyword 'tried' was precisely what I meant as Nia ran into the room and shook me roughly, "Get up! It's already 10 AM." She didn't stop until I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and looked at her.

"It's Sunday. Can't I sleep for a bit longer?" I pleaded.

She shook her head, "Mom went out due to some work, and she's not returning till evening. I'm bored. So, get up."

"Please let me sleep more," I said lazily, shutting my eyes to sleep.

"No. I've been here for only a few days since I'll be returning to the hostel next week. So, you have to spend time with me. I won't have time once I go back to the hostel due to studies and all. So, wake up!" She shouted in my ear the last part, startling me.

I sighed, rubbing my ear. "Okay, okay. I'm up. You can stop shouting."

"Shall we go to a movie?" she asked excitedly.

"Sure," I said.

"Great! I'll tell Aarav to get tickets for all of us. Now, get ready quickly. Meanwhile, I'll make breakfast for us." she said, leaving the room.

After she left, I showered and came out in a bathrobe since I forgot to take my clothes. As I walked out, I found a dress placed neatly on my side of the bed, probably picked by Nia. It was a blue floral sundress with elbow-length sleeves that would reach below my knees. I wore it since I liked the color and it was very comfortable. I was looking at myself in the mirror when Nia walked into the room, "Wow! You look good."

I gave her a small smile, thankful for her compliment. I combed my hair as Nia put light makeup on my face. By the time I was done, I was satisfied with the outcome. Nia was also happy with her work on me as she complimented, "You look beautiful. You should often dress up. It wasn't bad, was it?" I smiled as I shook my head.

We reached the living room. Aarav and Vihaan were waiting for us. As soon as they noticed me, they got dumbstruck. "Is this truly Siya?" Aarav asked Nia, pointing towards me.

Nia asked him, "I knew. Doesn't she look pretty?"

"I'm not sure," Aarav paused as he looked at Vihaan and continued, "Does she look pretty?"

I curiously looked at Vihaan to find him already staring at me. He stood silent for a moment as I eagerly waited for his answer. I don't know what I expected, but I felt crushed by his simple and confusing words, "She's beautiful in her way." How should I take his words? A simple compliment to keep my heart or a heartfelt one.

Aarav hummed, "Well, I agree that she's beautiful. Still, she looks differently beautiful today, if that makes sense."

Nia rolled her eyes, "Nothing you said ever made sense. Let's go, or we'll be late for the movie."

I walked out first, followed by Vihaan, as Nia and Aarav checked the locks. We both stood outside in comfortable silence until Vihaan spoke, "Are you comfortable in the dress?"

"Yes. It's much more comfortable than I thought." I replied without looking at him. My mood was still damp with his confusing compliment since I put effort for the first time. Soon, Nia and Aarav came, and we took a cab to the theatre. We reached there just in time for the movie.