Chapter 34

As it's getting dark, I look at my wristwatch. It's 9 pm. I searched for the phone and remembered that I forgot my phone in Sherilyn's car, and she called me while I was coming out of Vihaan's office. I left to ignore her words. Rohit came and sat next to me. I saw him and asked, "How did you find me here?"

"Aarav called on your phone. Sherilyn picked up my phone and replied that you had left the phone in the car. Angrily left Vihaan's office. Aarav asked me to get you back home safely."

"I know you well. Whenever you feel alone and upset, you like to be around in a crowded place to forget that you're alone." Rohit replied.

"Thanks for coming," and continued looking at him, "Can you get some drinks for me?"

He gazed at me surprisingly, "You don't like to drink. You're asking me to get it." he asked me, looking at my sad face, "Did something happen?"

"I need a drink to forget my grief today. Please." I pleased him.

He went to the nearby store and bought some beer cans for us. He gave one to me by opening it. I took a sip, taste bitter, but I drank it. Right now, I needed it anxiously.

After getting drunk, I leaned over Rohit's shoulder and said sadly about what had happened today, how Vihaan doubted my love for him. He said I was sly. I cried before him, "How can he think I cheated on him?" and my reason for asking for a breakup with him.

"I understand. It's not your fault. Vihaan needed to understand your intention behind the separation. Give him some time to think about it. Don't feel bad. Let's go home and relax."

He grabbed my hand and took me home in his car. Aarav saw me in that state, "Have you drunk?" I nodded. He scolded me and asked, "Why do you look sad?"

"I am fine, Aarav. Sorry for worrying you." Hugging him, "Thank you for being with me in my hard time. I promise that I don't have drinks again."

He asked me after making me sit on the couch in the living room, "Did something happen? Don't you know I care for you the most? We decided to share everything and stay together strong in our tough times too."

"I didn't. It was my fault too." by leaning on Aarav's shoulder. He said, "Let's talk later. Get into the room and sleep." He took me to my room, asking Rohit to wait.

I woke up in a few minutes and opened the door to get water. I heard that Aarav and Rohit were talking about me. I stood by, leaning on the door and listening to them. Rohit told Aarav about me hurting by Vihaan's harsh words calling her mean and tricky. Aarav was furious.

Meanwhile heard a doorbell. Rohit walks to open the door. Sherilyn was at the door along with Vihaan to return my phone. Rohit welcomed them and asked them to sit and bring them some water.

I returned to my room, leaving the door open. My dizziness persists, and I hear a bit of their conversation as I lie on my bed.

Vihaan asked Aarav, "How do you do, Aarav? I missed you, my friend. What about Aunty and Nia?"

Aarav replied with an unpleasant tone, "We're doing well. Nia gets married and settles down."

Sherilyn asked about me, "Where is Siya? Is she asleep?"

Rohit said, "Yeah. She was upset today and had some drinks. She's resting in her room."

Vihaan asked worriedly, "Is she alright?"

Aarav was outraged at him, "If you are worried for her. Why were you rude to her? Don't you know how much she loves you? How can you doubt her? How can you say she cheated on you by planning to break up and move on with Rohit?

Don't you know what you did? The reason was you. You are the one who cheated on her and engaged to another girl on your birthday. You keep out this matter from her, and now you're saying that she cheated on you."

Vihaan said with a low tone, "How do you know about it?"

"She was there to meet and surprise you on your birthday. She returned in agony, seeing you engaged. Do you know how much she has gone through because of you?"

He continued after a pause, "When I was angry with you, I asked her to move on from you. But, she convinced me you might be pressured by your father to get engaged. It would be best to have some pace to organize your thoughts and make decisions. She always supported you, took your side before me, and convinced me to talk to you when you disappointed me and wanted to break my friendship."

"Don't you know why she broke up with you?" he continued.

"She was concerned about you. Thinking you might be stressed because of her and your family. She doesn't want you to choose between her and your father. So, you may be unable to focus on your career by getting depressed. She wants you to be focused and become a successful person. She doesn't want to be a hurdle in your way to having a better future. Do you know how hard she struggles to confront and control herself, not fall weak and call you to speak?"

Rohit said, "She learned from Sherilyn that you convinced your parents and canceled your engagement. She rushed to talk with you to clear all misunderstandings and reconcile. But you insulted her by being harsh. Honestly, I was the one who loved her. She just treated me as her friend and nothing more between us. Whenever I propose, she rejects me and says she still loves you. Suppose you don't trust my words. Come with me. I'll show you." I lost their voices and suddenly fell into a deep sleep.