Chapter 28

I woke up in the morning with a fresh start and decided not to be sad anymore because I found hope not to miss him by looking at those pictures, living in the moments which I spent with him and getting ready for college, finishing breakfast, gave a hug to mom, and leave the house by saying bye to them.

I wished Annie good morning as I saw her walking towards the class, and she stopped for me to reach her and asked me, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Let's go to class." I replied with a smile. Annie was relieved to see me normal. She clings to my arm, "Let's walk."

We reached class, took our seats, and I focused on the lectures. After classes, we walked to the garden on the college campus and sat under the tree where Vihaan usually sits, opened the book, and began drawing pictures of a group of friends sitting far from me and chatting.

Annie saw the picture and commented, "You're talented." Aarav arrived after his class get finished and joined us.

"You don't need to flatter me. I know I'm not good enough."

Aarav complimented, "You're good, and your pictures express emotion. I accept that you're truly talented."

"I need much practice to get perfection. Now I have much time to spend on practice."

They sensed I was missing him and feeling alone, pretending to be strong. My heart is empty whenever I pass by those places where I usually roam with Vihaan.

As friends, they care for me and try their best not to make me feel alone by being with me and keeping me busy with their stuff. I feel grateful to have such kind, caring friends in my life who put in their best and help other friends who were in need and cared for.

When I returned home, I took out my painting supplies as brushes, colors, and pencils, arranged them, placed a new sheet on the board, and started painting. I am working on improving my painting skills.

After a few days, I was alone in the class and focused on my drawing. Sanjay walked into the class and sat next to me. I wished him as I saw him and asked him to comment on my picture of a girl in the field of beautiful flowers, and he focused on my drawing and commented, "It is beautiful as you."

I was momentarily confused about what he meant, gazed at him confusingly, and asked, "What?"

He looked straight at me, "My parents agreed. I am flying to Italy on an evening flight. I have something to say to you. I know it's not the right time, but I must. Else, I might regret it if I can't say it now."

I felt miserable after hearing that Sanjay was leaving. He was a friendly and honest friend to me. Besides him, I feel like being with myself. He treated me with care and affection. We often share food; he gets his cooked food for me. I felt sad hearing about his leaving, but it was about chasing his dreams. I am no one to stop him to fulfills his dreams. I gladly wished for a better future from the bottom of my heart and asked him, "What is it about?"

He took my hands in his hands, stared into my eyes, and said, "I like you, Siya."

I was shocked by his confession. I never expected Sanjay to have feelings for me because I thought he considered me his best friend. He continued, "I liked you when I saw you for the first time in art class. Eventually, my feelings for you became strong. I tried to confess it to you, but I was late. You already were in love with Vihaan, and I gave up, genuinely wished for your happiness, and decided to be your best friend forever."

I froze momentarily after hearing that he loved me at first sight. I stuttered, "But... I..."

He stopped me from saying further by putting his hand on my mouth, "Don't say anything."

I stared at him with widened eyes, and he removed his hand and continued, "I know you think of me as a best friend and supported me with my dream. I don't want to regret in the future that I didn't get an opportunity to confess my feeling for you."

He continued after a few seconds, "Sorry to leave you alone. I know you're sad about longing for Vihaan. I wish to be on your side as a friend. But unfortunately, I must leave. After my confession, I hope nothing will change and our friendship will remain forever. We will be forever friends who care for and supports each other. You will always be special, and no one can replace you ever."

I have no words for him. I genuinely feel down in my deep heart for being away from whom I love the most and for one of my best friends to go far from me. Right now, I feel like I'm the most miserable person in the world.

He hugged me and said, "Don't think I'm too far away from you. I'm always there for you whenever you need me; call any time, and never think you're alone. We're all with you."

Later, Annie and Aarav met Sanjay, knowing about his departure. We bid our farewell to him. Before he boarded his car for the last time, he gave me a hug and a gentle kiss on my forehead and asked me to take care of myself, to which I slightly nodded and sent him off.

I returned home, lay on my bed, and thought that 'I was the luckiest person to get such a caring and loving family who supports me with everything, and cousins, who love me and pampers me a lot, and friends, who always care and support me, cheer me when I am upset, and my love, he is the one who loved me the most from his whole heart.'

'My life is filled with happiness, joy, and love around me, and nature emphasizes every moment with them into a memorable event in my life. Each moment with them is precious and unforgettable. I hope, wherever they go, they get success and abundance and be happy in their life.'